Day90

admin
Site Admin

Day90

Post by admin »

However, I did not say anything, but started the packing. It seemed a longer job than I had thought it was going to be; but I got the bag finished at last, and I sat on it and strapped it.
"Ain't you going to put the boots in?" said Harris.
And I looked round, and found I had forgotten them. That's just like Harris. He couldn't have said a word until I'd got the bag shut and strapped, of course. And George laughed — one of those irritating, senseless, chuckle-headed, crack-jawed laughs of his. They do make me so wild.
I opened the bag and packed the boots in; and then, just as I was going to close it, a horrible idea occurred to me. Had I packed my tooth-brush? I don't know how it is, but I never do know whether I've packed my tooth-brush.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day90

Post by admin »

However, I did not say anything, but started the packing (тем не менее, я не сказал ничего, а начал укладываться). It seemed a longer job than I had thought it was going to be (это оказалось более длительной работой, чем я предполагал /это будет/; to think — думать); but I got the bag finished at last, and I sat on it and strapped it (но я закончил /укладывать/ чемодан наконец, сел на него и стянул ремнем; bag — сумка; чемодан; мешок).
"Ain't you going to put the boots in (а ты не собираешься положить ботинки; ain`t = are not)?" said Harris.
And I looked round, and found I had forgotten them (я оглянулся и обнаружил, что забыл их; to find; to forget). That's just like Harris (это очень похоже на Гарриса; just like — точно так же, как; вылитый). He couldn't have said a word until I'd got the bag shut and strapped, of course (он, конечно, не мог сказать ни слова, пока я не закрыл чемодан и не затянул ремнем). And George laughed — one of those irritating, senseless (а Джордж засмеялся — своим: «одним из тех своих» раздражающим, бессмысленным), chuckle-headed, crack-jawed laughs of his (дурацким, заливистым: «ломающем челюсти» смехом; chuckle-head — болван, дурень; chuckle — довольный тихий смех, хихиканье; crack-jaw — язык сломаешь /о слове/, труднопроизносимый; jaw — челюсть). They do make me so wild (они так меня бесят; to make someone wild — выводить из себя, очень злить, приводить в бешенство).
I opened the bag and packed the boots in (я открыл чемодан и уложил туда ботинки); and then, just as I was going to close it, a horrible idea occurred to me (потом, когда /уже/ я собирался закрыть его, ужасная мысль пришла мне в голову). Had I packed my tooth-brush (уложил ли я свою зубную щетку)? I don't know how it is, but I never do know whether I've packed my tooth-brush (не знаю почему, но я никогда не знаю, уложил ли я зубную щетку).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day90

Post by admin »