Day8

admin
Site Admin

Day8

Post by admin »

Then I wondered how long I had to live. I tried to examine myself. I felt my pulse. I could not at first feel any pulse at all. Then, all of a sudden, it seemed to start off. I pulled out my watch and timed it. I made it a hundred and forty-seven to the minute. I tried to feel my heart. I could not feel my heart. It had stopped beating. I have since been induced to come to the opinion that it must have been there all the time, and must have been beating, but I cannot account for it. I patted myself all over my front, from what I call my waist up to my head, and I went a bit round each side, and a little way up the back. But I could not feel or hear anything. I tried to look at my tongue. I stuck it out as far as ever it would go, and I shut one eye, and tried to examine it with the other. I could only see the tip, and the only thing that I could gain from that was to feel more certain than before that I had scarlet fever.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day8

Post by admin »

Then I wondered how long I had to live (luego quise saber cuánto tiempo me queda por vivir). I tried to examine myself (traté de examinarse a mí mismo; to examine — inspeccionar, explorar, estudiar). I felt my pulse (me encontrarle el pulso; to feel). I could not at first feel any pulse at all (al principio no pude sentir / encontrar un pulso en absoluto). Then, all of a sudden, it seemed to start off (después, de pronto, es /pulso/ pareció comenzar a latir; to start — Iniciar; inicio, lanzar /sobre el coche, mecanismo/). I pulled out my watch and timed it (saqué el reloj y lo cronometré; to pull out — sacar, arrebatar; to time — calcular, concertar una cita; medir la duración de algo). I made it a hundred and forty-seven to the minute (conté ciento cuarenta y siete /pulsaciones/ por minuto; to make — hacer, fabricar; recibir, definir). I tried to feel my heart (traté de sentirme el corazón). I could not feel my heart ( no pude encontrar mi corazón). It had stopped beating (había dejado de latir; to stop — detener, suspender). I have since been induced to come to the opinion (luego llegué a la conclusión; since — desde entonces, posteriormente, entonces; to induce — forzar, persuadir; sacar conclusiones; conducir /a algo/) that it must have been there all the time ( que debe haberse quedado ahí / en el pecho / todo el tiempo), and must have been beating, but I cannot account for it (y debe haber estado latiendo, pero no puedo explicarlo /por qué no lo encontré/). I patted myself all over my front (me di unas palmaditas en todas partes delante; all over — en todas partes), from what I call my waist up to my head (/comenzando/ desde lo que llamo mi cintura, hasta la cabeza), and I went a bit round each side ( y caminé = palmeé un poco a cada lado; to go-went-gone; round — alrededor; cerca), and a little way up the back (y un poco arriba de mi espalda). But I could not feel or hear anything (pero no oí ni sentí nada). I tried to look at my tongue (traté de mirarme la lengua). I stuck it out as far as ever it would go, and I shut one eye (la saqué todo lo que pude, cerré un ojo; to stick out - resaltar), and tried to examine it with the other (y traté de examinarla con el otro). I could only see the tip (solo pude ver la punta), and the only thing that I could gain from that was to feel more certain than before that I had scarlet fever (y lo único que pude lograr /de esto/ fue aún mayor que antes, la confianza de que tengo escarlatina; to gain — obtener; recibir, adquirir; to feel certain - seguro).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Entonces me pregunté cuánto tiempo me quedaría de vida. Traté de examinarme. Me tomé el pulso. Al principio no sentí ningún pulso. Después, de pronto, me pareció que echaba a andar. Saqué el reloj y lo medí. Ciento cuarenta y siete pulsaciones por minuto. Traté de sentirme el corazón. No sentí el corazón. Había dejado de latir. Con el paso del tiempo he sido inducido a la opinión de que tenía que estar ahí y de que tenía que estar latiendo, pero no puedo asegurarlo. Me palpé todo el frente, desde lo que llamo la cintura hasta la cabeza, un poquito por cada lado y un poquito por la espalda. Pero no oí ni sentí nada. Traté de mirarme la lengua. La saqué todo lo que pude, cerré un ojo y traté de examinarla con el otro. Sólo alcancé a ver la punta, y lo único que saqué en limpio fue convencerme con mayor seguridad que antes de que tenía escarlatina.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
Then I wondered how long I had to live (потом я захотел узнать, сколько: «как долго» мне еще жить). I tried to examine myself (я попытался обследовать себя; to examine — осматривать, исследовать, изучать). I felt my pulse (пощупал свой пульс; to feel). I could not at first feel any pulse at all (я не смог сначала прощупать/найти пульс вообще). Then, all of a sudden, it seemed to start off (потом, внезапно, он /пульс/, казалось, начал биться; to start — начинать/ся/; запускать /о машине, механизме/). I pulled out my watch and timed it (я вытащил часы и засек время; to pull out — вытаскивать, выхватывать; to time — рассчитывать, назначать время; измерять продолжительность чего-либо). I made it a hundred and forty-seven to the minute (я насчитал сто сорок семь /ударов/ в минуту; to make — делать, изготовлять; получать, определять). I tried to feel my heart (я попытался нащупать свое сердце). I could not feel my heart (я не мог найти свое сердце). It had stopped beating (оно перестало биться; to stop — останавливать/ся/, прекращать/ся/). I have since been induced to come to the opinion (я позднее пришел к мнению; since — с тех пор; впоследствии, потом; to induce — заставлять, склонять; убеждать, выводить умозаключение; приводить /к чему-либо/) that it must have been there all the time (что оно, должно быть, оставалось там /в груди/ все время), and must have been beating, but I cannot account for it (и, должно быть, билось, но я не могу объяснить этого /почему я не нашел его/). I patted myself all over my front (я похлопал себя всюду спереди; all over — повсюду, на всем протяжении), from what I call my waist up to my head (/начиная/ с того, что я называю своей талией, вплоть до головы), and I went a bit round each side (и я прошелся = похлопал немного по каждому боку; to go-went-gone; round — вокруг, кругом; неподалеку), and a little way up the back (и немного вверх по спине). But I could not feel or hear anything (но не смог ничего почувствовать или услышать). I tried to look at my tongue (я попробовал посмотреть на свой язык). I stuck it out as far as ever it would go, and I shut one eye (я высунул его так далеко, как он мог высунуться как можно дальше, и закрыл один глаз; to stick out), and tried to examine it with the other (попытался осмотреть его другим). I could only see the tip (я смог увидеть лишь кончик), and the only thing that I could gain from that was to feel more certain than before that I had scarlet fever (и единственное: «единственной вещью», чего я сумел добиться /из этого/, была еще большая, чем раньше, уверенность, что у меня скарлатина; to gain — добывать; получать, приобретать; to feel certain — быть уверенным).
Phi

Post by Phi »

Then I wondered how long I had to live (luego yo quise saber cuánto tiempo me quedaba por vivir). I tried to examine myself (Yo traté de examinarme a mí mismo; to examine — inspeccionar, explorar, estudiar). I felt my pulse (senti mi pulso; to feel). I could not at first feel any pulse at all (al principio Yo no pude sentir / encontrar un pulso en absoluto). Then, all of a sudden, it seemed to start off (después, de pronto, el /pulso/ pareció comenzar a latir; to start — Iniciar; inicio, lanzar). I pulled out my watch and timed it (Yo saqué el reloj y lo cronometré; to pull out — sacar, arrebatar; to time — calcular, concertar una cita; medir la duración de algo). I made it a hundred and forty-seven to the minute (conté ciento cuarenta y siete /pulsaciones/ por minuto; to make — hacer, fabricar; recibir, definir). I tried to feel my heart (Yo traté de sentirme el corazón). I could not feel my heart (Yo no pude encontrar mi corazón). It had stopped beating (había dejado de latir; to stop — detener, suspender). I have since been induced to come to the opinion (Yo luego llegué a la conclusión; since — desde entonces, posteriormente, entonces; to induce — forzar, persuadir; sacar conclusiones; conducir /a algo/) that it must have been there all the time ( que debe haberse quedado ahí / en el pecho / todo el tiempo), and must have been beating, but I cannot account for it (y que debia haber estado latiendo, pero no puedo explicar/por qué no lo encontré/). I patted myself all over my front ( Me di unas palmaditas en todo mi frente; all over — en todas partes), from what I call my waist up to my head (/comenzando/ desde lo que llamo mi cintura, hasta mi cabeza), and I went a bit round each side ( y caminé = un poco a cada lado; to go-went-gone; round — alrededor; cerca), and a little way up the back (y un poco arriba de mi espalda). But I could not feel or hear anything (pero yo no oír ni sentir nada). I tried to look at my tongue (yo traté de mirarme la lengua). I stuck it out as far as ever it would go, and I shut one eye (la saqué todo lo que pude, cerré un ojo; to stick out - resaltar), and tried to examine it with the other (y traté de examinarla con el otro). I could only see the tip (yo solo pude ver la punta), and the only thing that I could gain from that was to feel more certain than before that I had scarlet fever (y lo único que pude lograr /de esto/ fue tener aún mas que antes, la confianza de que tengo fiebre escarlatina; to gain — obtener; recibir, adquirir; to feel certain - seguro).

this post was corrected