Day66

admin
Site Admin

Day66

Post by admin »

On the contrary, I feel more that I want to stop in bed till the last moment, and then come down and have my breakfast. Once or twice virtue has triumphed, and I have got out at six and half-dressed myself, and have taken my drawers and towel, and stumbled dismally off. But I haven't enjoyed it. They seem to keep a specially cutting east wind, waiting for me, when I go to bathe in the early morning; and they pick out all the three-cornered stones, and put them on the top, and they sharpen up the rocks and cover the points over with a bit of sand so that I can't see them, and they take the sea and put it two miles out, so that I have to huddle myself up in my arms and hop, shivering, through six inches of water. And when I do get to the sea, it is rough and quite insulting.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day66

Post by admin »

On the contrary (наоборот), I feel more that I want to stop in bed till the last moment (я больше ощущаю, что хочу оставаться в постели до последнего момента = как можно дольше), and then come down and have my breakfast (а затем спуститься и позавтракать). Once or twice virtue has triumphed (раз или два добродетель восторжествовала), and I have got out at six and half-dressed myself (и я вылез /из постели/ в шесть и оделся наполовину; to get out), and have taken my drawers and towel, and stumbled dismally off (взял трусы и полотенце и мрачно заковылял /к морю/; to take; to stumble — идти спотыкаясь). But I haven't enjoyed it (но я не получил от этого удовольствия). They seem to keep a specially cutting east wind, waiting for me (кажется, для меня приберегают особенно пронизывающий восточный ветер, ожидающий меня), when I go to bathe in the early morning (когда я иду купаться ранним утром); and they pick out all the three-cornered stones (и вытаскивают все треугольные камни), and put them on the top (и кладут их на поверхность), and they sharpen up the rocks (заостряют камни на дне; rock — скала; горная порода; подводный камень, риф) and cover the points over with a bit of sand so that I can't see them (и прикрывают их острые верхушки песком, чтобы я не мог их увидеть; point — точка; острие, наконечник; острая выступающая часть), and they take the sea and put it two miles out (и берут море, и убирают его на две мили), so that I have to huddle myself up in my arms and hop, shivering, through six inches of water (так что мне приходится кутаться в собственные руки = обхватывать себя руками и брести, дрожа, по воде /глубиной/ шесть дюймов; to huddle up — съеживаться, свертываться калачиком; huddle — группа, куча; to hop — подпрыгивать, двигаться подпрыгивая; прихрамывать). And when I do get to the sea, it is rough and quite insulting (а когда я добираюсь до моря, оно грубое/бесцеремонное и весьма оскорбительное = возмутительное).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day66

Post by admin »