Day54

admin
Site Admin

Day54

Post by admin »

"Now you go and get me my hammer, Will," he would shout; "and you bring me the rule, Tom; and I shall want the step-ladder, and I had better have a kitchen-chair, too; and, Jim! you run round to Mr. Goggles, and tell him, `Pa's kind regards, and hopes his leg's better; and will he lend him his spirit-level?' And don't you go, Maria, because I shall want somebody to hold me the light; and when the girl comes back, she must go out again for a bit of picture-cord; and Tom! — where's Tom? — Tom, you come here; I shall want you to hand me up the picture."
And then he would lift up the picture, and drop it, and it would come out of the frame, and he would try to save the glass, and cut himself; and then he would spring round the room, looking for his handkerchief. He could not find his handkerchief, because it was in the pocket of the coat he had taken off, and he did not know where he had put the coat, and all the house had to leave off looking for his tools, and start looking for his coat; while he would dance round and hinder them.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day54

Post by admin »

"Now you go and get me my hammer, Will (иди и возьми мне молоток, Вилли)," he would shout (кричит он); "and you bring me the rule, Tom (а ты принеси мне линейку, Том); and I shall want the step-ladder (мне понадобится стремянка; step-ladder: step — шаг; ladder — лестница), and I had better have a kitchen-chair, too (и мне бы лучше/я бы предпочел = мне понадобится также и кухонный стул); and, Jim! you run round to Mr. Goggles, and tell him (Джим, сбегай к мистеру Гогглсу и скажи ему), `Pa's kind regards, and hopes his leg's better (папины добрые пожелания = папа вам кланяется и надеется, /что/ ваша нога получше; pa = papa; kind regards — добрые, лучшие пожелания; regards — привет, поклон; пожелания); and will he lend him his spirit-level (и не одолжите ли ему ваш ватерпас/уровень)?' And don't you go, Maria, because I shall want somebody to hold me the light (не уходи, Мария, поскольку мне может понадобиться кто-нибудь, чтобы подержать свечу = посветить; light — свет; свеча, огонь, фонарь); and when the girl comes back, she must go out again for a bit of picture-cord (а когда горничная вернется, ей придется снова сходить за веревкой для картины; cord — веревка, шнур/ок/); and Tom! — where's Tom (где Том)? — Tom, you come here (Том, иди сюда); I shall want you to hand me up the picture (ты мне понадобишься, чтобы подать картину)."
And then he would lift up the picture, and drop it (потом он поднимает картину и роняет ее), and it would come out of the frame (она вылетает из рамы), and he would try to save the glass, and cut himself (он пытается спасти стекло и режется); and then he would spring round the room, looking for his handkerchief (затем он скачет по комнате, ища свой носовой платок; to spring — пружинить; прыгать, скакать). He could not find his handkerchief, because it was in the pocket of the coat he had taken off (он не может найти свой носовой платок, потому что он в кармане пиджака, /который/ он снял; to take off), and he did not know where he had put the coat (он не знает, куда положил пиджак), and all the house had to leave off looking for his tools, and start looking for his coat (и всему дому приходится перестать искать его инструменты и начать искать пиджак; to leave off — прекращать делать что-либо; бросать привычку); while he would dance round and hinder them (в то время как он /дядя/ пляшет вокруг = по комнате и мешает им; to dance — танцевать; прыгать, скакать).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day54

Post by admin »