Day52

admin
Site Admin

Day52

Post by admin »

SO, on the following evening, we again assembled, to discuss and arrange our plans. Harris said:
"Now, the first thing to settle is what to take with us. Now, you get a bit of paper and write down, J., and you get the grocery catalogue, George, and somebody give me a bit of pencil, and then I'll make out a list."
That's Harris all over — so ready to take the burden of everything himself, and put it on the backs of other people.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day52

Post by admin »

SO, on the following evening, we again assembled (итак, на следующий вечер мы снова собрались), to discuss and arrange our plans (чтобы обсудить и привести в порядок наши планы). Harris said:
"Now, the first thing to settle is what to take with us (итак, первая вещь, чтобы решить = во-первых, необходимо решить, что взять с собой). Now, you get a bit of paper and write down, J. (ты берешь кусок бумаги и записываешь, Джей; bit — кусочек; небольшое количество), and you get the grocery catalogue, George (а ты достань прейскурант бакалейной лавки, Джордж; grocery — бакалейная лавка; бакалейно-продовольственный магазин), and somebody give me a bit of pencil, and then I'll make out a list (кто-нибудь, дайте мне карандаш, и /затем/ я составлю список)."
That's Harris all over (в этом весь Гаррис; all over — /по/всюду, кругом; типичный) — so ready to take the burden of everything himself (так = всегда готовый взять тяжесть всего на себя; burden — ноша, груз, тяжесть; бремя), and put it on the backs of other people (и взвалить ее на спины других людей).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day52

Post by admin »