Day5

admin
Site Admin

Day5

Post by admin »

I remember going to the British Museum one day to read up the treatment for some slight ailment of which I had a touch — hay fever, I fancy it was. I got down the book, and read all I came to read; and then, in an unthinking moment, I idly turned the leaves, and began to indolently study diseases, generally. I forget which was the first distemper I plunged into — some fearful, devastating scourge, I know — and, before I had glanced half down the list of "premonitory symptoms," it was borne in upon me that I had fairly got it.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day5

Post by admin »

Recuerdo que un día fui al Museo Británico para leer algo sobre el tratamiento de un ligero achaque que me afectaba... creo que era fiebre del heno. Bajé el libro y leí cuanto tenía que leer; y después, irreflexiblemente, lo hojeé descuidado y empecé a estudiar con indolencia las enfermedades en general. No recuerdo cuál fue la primera dolencia donde me sumergí –sin duda algún temible y devastador azote – pero, antes de haber llegado a la mitad de la lista de «síntomas premonitorios», supe sin lugar a dudas que la había contraído.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I remember going to the British Museum one day (recuerdo que fui al Museo Británico un día ) to read up the treatment for some slight ailment of which I had a touch (poara leer sobre el tratamiento de un ligero enfermedad que me afectaba; to read up — especialmente estudiar, leer material especializado; slight — ligero, pequeño; touch — tocar, toque; ataques /de enfermedad/) — hay fever, I fancy it was (creo que era fiebre del heno; to fancy — imagina, fantasear; considerar, creer). I got down the book, and read all I came to read (cogí /lo necesario/ libro y leí todo /lo que/ vine a leer = lo que buscaba; to get down — bajé /el libro etc./; to read [ -read [ -read [ ; to come-came-come); and then, in an unthinking moment, I idly turned the leaves ( y después, pensando: "en un momento de descuido", pasé perezosamente /varias/ páginas; leaf — hoja, página), and began to indolently study diseases, generally ( y comenzó a estudiar varias enfermedades sin interés; en general; to begin-began-begun; indolent — indolente, lento, perezoso; generally — en general, en absoluto). I forget which was the first distemper I plunged into (no recuerdo qué era = qué era el nombre de la primera enfermedad /que/ me sumergí; distemper — moquillo, espíritus bajos, desánimo; to plunge into — sumergir en, zambullirse en) — some fearful, devastating scourge, I know (algún temible y devastador azote, según tengo entendido; to devastate — devastar, estrago; scourge — azote, desastre, castigo, penitencia) — and, before I had glanced half down the list of "premonitory symptoms" (pero, antes de haber llegado a la mitad de la lista de «síntomas premonitorios»; premonitory — premonitorio, prevenido, precautorio), it was borne in upon me that I had fairly got it (me he dado cuenta de que lo había contraído /esta enfermedad/; to be borne in upon somebody — aclararse, entiendo; fairly — correctamente, derecho; claramente; to get — recibir; infectarse).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
I remember going to the British Museum one day (помню, /как/ я отправился в Британский музей однажды) to read up the treatment for some slight ailment of which I had a touch (почитать о лечении какой-то легкой болезни, которой я захворал; to read up — специально изучать, читать дополнительный материал; slight — легкий, незначительный; touch — прикосновение, касание; легкий приступ /болезни/) — hay fever, I fancy it was (полагаю, это была сенная лихорадка; to fancy — воображать, представлять себе; считать, полагать). I got down the book, and read all I came to read (я взял /нужную/ книгу и прочитал все, /что/ я пришел прочитать = что искал; to get down — снимать /с полки и т.д./; to read [ -read [ -read [ ; to come-came-come); and then, in an unthinking moment, I idly turned the leaves (потом, задумавшись: «в бездумный момент», я лениво перевернул /несколько/ страниц; leaf — лист, страница), and began to indolently study diseases, generally (и начал без интереса изучать различные болезни; to begin-began-begun; indolent — ленивый, вялый; праздный; generally — в целом, вообще). I forget which was the first distemper I plunged into (я забыл, какой была = как называлась первая болезнь, /на которую/ я наткнулся; distemper — хандра, дурное расположение духа; to plunge into — ввергать, бросаться, погружаться в) — some fearful, devastating scourge, I know (какой-то страшный, изнуряющий бич, /как/ я понимаю; to devastate — истощать, опустошать; scourge — бич, бедствие, кара) — and, before I had glanced half down the list of "premonitory symptoms" (и прежде, /чем/ я просмотрел наполовину список «ранних симптомов»; premonitory — предваряющий, предостерегающий), it was borne in upon me that I had fairly got it (я понял, что точно как следует подцепил /эту болезнь/; to be borne in upon somebody — становиться ясным, доходить до кого-либо; fairly — должным образом; четко, явно, ясно; to get — получить; заразиться).
Phi

Post by Phi »

I remember going to the British Museum one day (recuerdo que fui al Museo Británico un día ) to read up the treatment for some slight ailment of which I had a touch (poara leer sobre el tratamiento de una ligera enfermedad que me afectaba; to read up — especialmente estudiar, leer material especializado; slight — ligero, pequeño; touch — tocar, toque; ataques /de enfermedad/) — hay fever, I fancy it was (creo que era fiebre del heno; to fancy — imagina, fantasear; considerar, creer). I got down the book, and read all I came to read (cogí /lo necesario/ libro y leí todo /lo que/ vine a leer = lo que buscaba; to get down — bajé /el libro etc./; to read [ -read [ -read [ ; to come-came-come); and then, in an unthinking moment, I idly turned the leaves ( y después, pensando: irreflexiblemente, pasé perezosamente /varias/ páginas; leaf — hoja, página), and began to indolently study diseases, generally ( y comenzó a estudiar varias enfermedades sin interés; en general; to begin-began-begun; indolent — indolente, lento, perezoso; generally — en general, en absoluto). I forget which was the first distemper I plunged into (no recuerdo qué era = qué era el nombre de la primera enfermedad /que/ me sumergí; distemper — moquillo, espíritus bajos, desánimo; to plunge into — sumergir en, zambullirse en) — some fearful, devastating scourge, I know (algún temible y devastador azote, según tengo entendido; to devastate — devastar, estrago; scourge — azote, desastre, castigo, penitencia) — and, before I had glanced half down the list of "premonitory symptoms" (pero, antes de haber llegado a la mitad de la lista de «síntomas premonitorios»; premonitory — premonitorio, prevenido, precautorio), it was borne in upon me that I had fairly got it (me habia dado cuenta de que lo había contraído /esta enfermedad/; to be borne in upon somebody — aclararse, entiendo; fairly — correctamente, derecho; claramente; to get — recibir; infectarse).