Day40

admin
Site Admin

Day40

Post by admin »

"I know what it is, old man; you've got a chill. Now, you come along with me. I know a place round the corner here, where you can get a drop of the finest Scotch whisky you ever tasted — put you right in less than no time."
Harris always does know a place round the corner where you can get something brilliant in the drinking line. I believe that if you met Harris up in Paradise (supposing such a thing likely), he would immediately greet you with:
"So glad you've come, old fellow; I've found a nice place round the corner here, where you can get some really first-class nectar."
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day40

Post by admin »

"I know what it is, old man (Yo se lo que es /lo que te pasa/, viejo); you've got a chill (estás resfriado; you've = you have; to get; chill — frío, escalofríos). Now, you come along with me ( ven conmigo). I know a place round the corner here ( Conozco un lugar a la vuelta de la esquina / cercano), where you can get a drop of the finest Scotch whisky you ever tasted (donde puedes conseguir = a beber el mejor whisky escocés que has probado en tu vida; drop — una gota; una pequeña cantidad de alcohol) — put you right in less than no time (/esto/ te pondrá bien = te curarás en menos de un momento; in less than no time — en un instante)."
Harris always does know a place round the corner ( Harris siempre conoce el lugar a la vuelta de la esquina) where you can get something brilliant in the drinking line ( donde puedes conseguir algo genial en términos de alcohol; brilliant — brillante, chispeante; notable; line — línea, fila; serie de productos; area de interes). I believe that if you met Harris up in Paradise ( Me imagino que si uno se encontrase con Harris en el Paraíso; to meet up — encontrarse inesperadamente) (supposing such a thing likely) (suponiendo que tal cosa sea probable), he would immediately greet you with (Harris le saludaría inmediatamente): "So glad you've come, old fellow (Tan contento de que hayas venido, viejo compañero); I've found a nice place round the corner here ( He encontrado un lugar a la vuelta de la esquina aquí; to find), where you can get some really first-class nectar ( donde puedes conseguir un néctar de primera)."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Muchacho, ya sé lo que te pasa; estás resfriado.
Anda, ven conmigo.
Conozco un lugar a la vuelta de la esquina donde puedes conseguir una copa del mejor whisky escocés que has probado en tu vida.
Te curarás en menos que canta un gallo.
Harris siempre conoce un lugar a la vuelta de la esquina donde se puede obtener algo extraordinario en materia de bebida.
Me imagino que si uno se encontrase con Harris en el Paraíso (suponiendo que ello fuera posible), Harris le saludaría inmediatamente, diciendo:
–Me alegra verte por aquí, camarada.
He encontrado un lugar a la vuelta de la esquina donde dan un néctar de primera.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
"I know what it is, old man (я знаю, что такое /с тобой/, старина); you've got a chill (ты простудился; you've = you have; to get; chill — простуда, озноб). Now, you come along with me (пойдем-ка со мной). I know a place round the corner here (я знаю одно место здесь за углом/поблизости), where you can get a drop of the finest Scotch whisky you ever tasted (где можно достать = выпить немного самого лучшего шотландского виски, /что/ ты когда-либо пробовал; drop — капля; небольшое количество спиртного) — put you right in less than no time (/это/ приведет тебя в порядок в два счета; in less than no time — в мгновение ока, мигом)."
Harris always does know a place round the corner (Гаррис всегда знает местечко за углом) where you can get something brilliant in the drinking line (где можно достать что-нибудь замечательное в плане выпивки; brilliant — блестящий, искрящийся; примечательный; line — линия, ряд; серия изделий; область интересов). I believe that if you met Harris up in Paradise (думаю, что если бы вы вдруг встретили Гарриса в Раю; to meet up — неожиданно встречать) (supposing such a thing likely) (допуская, /что/ подобная вещь вероятна), he would immediately greet you with (он тотчас же встретил бы вас /словами/): "So glad you've come, old fellow (так рад, /что/ вы пришли, старина); I've found a nice place round the corner here (я нашел хорошее местечко здесь за углом; to find), where you can get some really first-class nectar (где можно достать действительно первоклассный нектар)."
Phi

Post by Phi »

"I know what it is, old man (Yo se lo que es /lo que te pasa/, viejo); you've got a chill (estás resfriado; you've = you have; to get; chill — frío, escalofríos). Now, you come along with me (Ahora, ven conmigo). I know a place round the corner here ( Conozco un lugar a la vuelta de la esquina / cercano), where you can get a drop of the finest Scotch whisky you ever tasted (donde puedes conseguir = a beber el mejor whisky escocés que has probado en tu vida; drop — una gota; una pequeña cantidad de alcohol) — put you right in less than no time (/esto/ te pondrá bien = te curarás en menos de un momento; in less than no time — en un instante)."
Harris always does know a place round the corner ( Harris siempre conoce el lugar a la vuelta de la esquina) where you can get something brilliant in the drinking line ( donde puedes conseguir algo genial en términos de alcohol; brilliant — brillante, chispeante; notable; line — línea, fila; serie de productos; area de interes). I believe that if you met Harris up in Paradise ( Me imagino que si uno se encontrase con Harris en el Paraíso; to meet up — encontraria inesperadamente) (supposing such a thing likely) (suponiendo que tal cosa sea probable), he would immediately greet you with (Harris le saludaría inmediatamente): "So glad you've come, old fellow (Que alegria de que hayas venido, viejo compañero); I've found a nice place round the corner here ( He encontrado un lugar a la vuelta de la esquina aquí; to find), where you can get some really first-class nectar ( donde puedes conseguir un néctar de primera)."

this post was corrected