Day4

admin
Site Admin

Day4

Post by admin »

We were all feeling seedy, and we were getting quite nervous about it. Harris said he felt such extraordinary fits of giddiness come over him at times, that he hardly knew what he was doing; and then George said that he had fits of giddiness too, and hardly knew what he was doing. With me, it was my liver that was out of order. I knew it was my liver that was out of order, because I had just been reading a patent liver-pill circular, in which were detailed the various symptoms by which a man could tell when his liver was out of order. I had them all.
It is a most extraordinary thing, but I never read a patent medicine advertisement without being impelled to the conclusion that I am suffering from the particular disease therein dealt with in its most virulent form. The diagnosis seems in every case to correspond exactly with all the sensations that I have ever felt.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day4

Post by admin »

Todos nos sentíamos enfermos, lo que nos estaba poniendo bastante nerviosos. Harris dijo que a veces le daban unos mareos tan extraordinarios que apenas sabía lo que hacía, y después George dijo que también él tenía mareos y apenas sabía lo que hacía. En mi caso, lo que no funcionaba era el hígado. Sabía que el hígado no me funcionaba porque acababa de leer un prospecto de píldoras hepáticas donde se detallaban los diversos síntomas que permiten apercibirse del mal funcionamiento del hígado. Yo los tenía todos.
Aunque parezca realmente extraordinario, jamás he leído un prospecto farmacéutico sin llegar inevitablemente a la conclusión de que padezco de la enfermedad allí descrita, y en su forma más virulenta. El diagnóstico parece coincidir, sin excepción y exactamente, con todas las sensaciones que he sentido alguna vez en la vida.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We were all feeling seedy (todos nos sentíamos enfermos; to feel — sentir, percibir, tener /angustia, dolor, etc./; seedy — desgastado; malsano, insalubre, débil), and we were getting quite nervous about it (y nos estábamos poniendo bastante nerviosos por eso = empezamos a estar nerviosos por eso; nervous — nervioso, ansioso). Harris said he felt such extraordinary fits of giddiness come over him at times (Harris dijo que a veces sintió que unos mareos tan extraordinarios; to say; fit — convulsión, ataque; to come over — apoderado, poseyó), that he hardly knew what he was doing (que apenas sabía lo que hacía; to know — saber; entender, darse cuenta; to know-knew-known); and then George said that he had fits of giddiness too, and hardly knew what he was doing (y después George dijo que también él tenía mareos y /él también entonces/ apenas sabía lo que hacía). With me, it was my liver that was out of order (en mi caso, era mi hígado lo que no está en orden; out of order — defectuoso, no funciona; order — orden; funciona; buena condición física). I knew it was my liver that was out of order (sabía que el hígado no está en orden), because I had just been reading a patent liver-pill circular (porque acababa de leer un prospecto medicamentos patentados de /enfermedades/ hígado; just — justo, ahora mismo), in which were detailed the various symptoms by which a man could tell when his liver was out of order (donde se describió en detalle los diversos síntomas por los cuales una persona puede determinar que su hígado no está en orden; to detail — describir en detalle, expresar; to tell — hablar; comprender, entender). I had them all (Yo los tenía todos).
It is a most extraordinary thing, but I never read a patent medicine advertisement (esto es lo más sorprendente, jamás he leído un anuncio acerce de medicamentos patentados) without being impelled to the conclusion (sin estar inclinado a concluir = no concluir; to impel — impeler, obligar, forzar) that I am suffering from the particular disease therein dealt with in its most virulent form (que estoy sufriendo de una enfermedad en particular descrita allí, en su forma más maligna; therein — aquí, en esto, en eso; to deal with — tratar con, hacer negocios, en relación con; virulent — peligroso, terrible, fatal /sobre enfermedad, veneno/). The diagnosis seems in every case to correspond exactly with all the sensations that I have ever felt (parece que el diagnóstico en cada caso coincide exactamente con todas las sensaciones que experimento; to correspond — emparejar, coincide; relacionar; ever — siempre, constantemente, para siempre; siempre; to feel).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
We were all feeling seedy (мы все чувствовали себя неважно; to feel — чувствовать, ощущать, испытывать /тоску, боль и т.д./; seedy — потрепанный; нездоровый, слабый), and we were getting quite nervous about it (и становились довольно нервными = начинали волноваться из-за этого; nervous — нервный, беспокоящийся, взволнованный). Harris said he felt such extraordinary fits of giddiness come over him at times (Гаррис сказал, /что/ испытывает такие необычайные приступы головокружения, охватывающие его временами; to say; fit — припадок, приступ; to come over — охватывать, овладевать), that he hardly knew what he was doing (что он едва понимает, что делает; to know — знать; понимать, осознавать; to know-knew-known); and then George said that he had fits of giddiness too, and hardly knew what he was doing (затем Джордж сказал, что у него тоже /бывают/ приступы головокружения, и он /тоже тогда/ едва осознает, что делает). With me, it was my liver that was out of order (что касается меня, /то/ у меня не в порядке была печень; out of order — неисправный, не в порядке; order — порядок; исправность; хорошее физическое состояние). I knew it was my liver that was out of order (я знал, /что/ моя печень не в порядке), because I had just been reading a patent liver-pill circular (потому что я недавно читал рекламный проспект о запатентованной пилюле от /болезней/ печени; just — только что, прямо; как раз), in which were detailed the various symptoms by which a man could tell when his liver was out of order (в котором были подробно описаны различные симптомы, по которым человек может определить, что его печень не в порядке; to detail — подробно описывать, излагать; to tell — говорить, рассказывать; осознавать, понимать). I had them all (у меня были они все).
It is a most extraordinary thing, but I never read a patent medicine advertisement (это самая удивительная вещь = поразительно, но я никогда не читаю /рекламное/ объявление о каком-нибудь запатентованном лекарстве) without being impelled to the conclusion (без /того, чтобы/ быть склоненным к заключению = чтобы не сделать вывод; to impel — побуждать, заставлять) that I am suffering from the particular disease therein dealt with in its most virulent form (что я страдаю от конкретной болезни, в нем описываемой, в самой злокачественной форме; therein — здесь, в этом, в том; to deal with — иметь дело с, касаться; virulent — опасный, страшный, смертельный /о болезни, яде/). The diagnosis seems in every case to correspond exactly with all the sensations that I have ever felt (кажется, диагноз в каждом случае точно совпадает со всеми ощущениями, которые я испытываю; to correspond — соответствовать, соотноситься; ever — всегда, постоянно, вечно; когда-либо; to feel).
Phi

Post by Phi »

We were all feeling seedy (todos nos sentíamos enfermos; to feel — sentir, percibir, tener /angustia, dolor, etc./; seedy — desgastado; malsano, insalubre, débil), and we were getting quite nervous about it (y nos estábamos poniendo bastante nerviosos por eso = empezamos a estar nerviosos por eso; nervous — nervioso, ansioso). Harris said he felt such extraordinary fits of giddiness come over him at times (Harris dijo que a veces sintió que unos mareos tan extraordinarios; to say; fit — convulsión, ataque; to come over — apoderado, poseyó), that he hardly knew what he was doing (que apenas sabía lo que hacía; to know — saber; entender, darse cuenta; to know-knew-known); and then George said that he had fits of giddiness too, and hardly knew what he was doing (y después George dijo que también él tenía mareos y /él también entonces/ apenas sabía lo que hacía). With me, it was my liver that was out of order (en mi caso, era mi hígado lo que no está en orden; out of order — defectuoso, no funciona; order — orden; funciona; buena condición física). I knew it was my liver that was out of order (sabía que el hígado no estaba en orden), because I had just been reading a patent liver-pill circular (porque acababa de leer un folleto de medicamentos patentados de enfermedades de hígado; just — justo, ahora mismo), in which were detailed the various symptoms by which a man could tell when his liver was out of order (donde se describió en detalle los diversos síntomas por los cuales una persona puede determinar que su hígado no estaba en orden; to detail — describir en detalle, expresar; to tell — hablar; comprender, entender). I had them all (Yo los tenía todos).
It is a most extraordinary thing, but I never read a patent medicine advertisement (esto es lo más sorprendente, jamás he leído un anuncio acerca de medicamentos patentados) without being impelled to the conclusion (sin estar impulsado a concluir = no concluir; to impel — impeler, obligar, forzar) that I am suffering from the particular disease therein dealt with in its most virulent form (que estoy sufriendo de una enfermedad en particular descrita allí, en su forma más maligna; therein — aquí, en esto, en eso; to deal with — tratar con, hacer negocios, en relación con; virulent — peligroso, terrible, fatal /sobre enfermedad, veneno/). The diagnosis seems in every case to correspond exactly with all the sensations that I have ever felt (parece que el diagnóstico en cada caso coincide exactamente con todas las sensaciones que experimento; to correspond — emparejar, coincide; relacionar; ever — siempre, constantemente, para siempre; siempre; to feel).

this post was corrected