Day28

admin
Site Admin

Day28

Post by admin »

If most men were like a fellow I saw on the Yarmouth boat one day, I could account for the seeming enigma easily enough. It was just off Southend Pier, I recollect, and he was leaning out through one of the port-holes in a very dangerous position. I went up to him to try and save him.
"Hi! come further in," I said, shaking him by the shoulder. "You'll be overboard."
"Oh my! I wish I was," was the only answer I could get; and there I had to leave him.
Three weeks afterwards, I met him in the coffee-room of a Bath hotel, talking about his voyages, and explaining, with enthusiasm, how he loved the sea.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day28

Post by admin »

If most men were like a fellow I saw on the Yarmouth boat one day (Si la mayoría de los hombres fueran como el tipo que vi una vez en el barco Yarmouth = navegando hacia Yarmouth; boat — barco, bote; nave), I could account for the seeming enigma easily enough ( Podría explicar este aparente misterio con bastante facilidad; to account for — dar un informe; explique; prestar atención). It was just off Southend Pier, I recollect ( /el barco/ acaba de alejarse del muelle de Southend, /por lo que/ recuerdo; to be off — salir; empezar a moverse; pier — muelle, rompeolas; presa, embarcadero; to recollect — recuerda), and he was leaning out through one of the port-holes in a very dangerous position ( y él /el chico/ estaba asomado por un ojo de buey, en una posición muy peligrosa; port-hole: port — puerto; agujero; lado izquierdo; hole — agujero). I went up to him to try and save him ( Me acerqué a él para intentar salvarlo).
"Hi (¡Eh!)! come further in (paso atrás; to come in — entrar en; further — adicional, más lejos)," I said, shaking him by the shoulder (Dije, sacudiendo su hombro). "You'll be overboard ( te caerás por la borda; overboard — por la borda)."
"Oh my! I wish I was (¡Sí, claro! es lo que quiero; oh my — ¡solo piensa en ello)," was the only answer I could get (fue la única respuesta que pude obtener); and there I had to leave him (y ahí tuve que dejarlo).
Three weeks afterwards, I met him in the coffee-room of a Bath hotel ( tres semanas después lo conocí en el comedor de un hotel en Bath; afterwards — después, más tarde, entonces; to meet; coffee-room — cafetería, comedor en el hote), talking about his voyages, and explaining, with enthusiasm, how he loved the sea (hablando = donde habló sobre sus viajes y explicó con entusiasmo cómo amaba el mar).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Si la mayor parte de la gente fuera como un individuo que vi un día en el barco de Yarmouth, podría solucionar el supuesto enigma con relativa facilidad.
Recuerdo que era justo frente al muelle de Southend, y que él estaba con medio cuerpo asomado por un ojo de buey, en una postura muy peligrosa.
Me acerqué para intentar salvarle.
–¡Eh! ¡Métase más para adentro! –le dije, sacudiéndole por el hombro–.
Se va a ir al agua.
–¡Ay de mí! Ojalá me fuera –fue la única respuesta que pude obtener, por lo que tuve que dejarle donde estaba.
Tres semanas más tarde, me tropecé con él en el salón de café de un hotel de Bath, relatando sus viajes y explicando entusiasmado cuánto amaba el mar.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
If most men were like a fellow I saw on the Yarmouth boat one day (если бы большинство людей было похоже на парня, /которого/ я видел однажды на ярмутском = шедшем в Ярмут корабле; boat — лодка, шлюпка; корабль, судно), I could account for the seeming enigma easily enough (я мог бы объяснить эту кажущуюся тайну довольно легко; to account for — давать отчет; объяснять; принимать во внимание). It was just off Southend Pier, I recollect (/корабль/ как раз отошел от саусэндского мола, /насколько/ помню; to be off — уходить; начинать движение; pier — мол; волнолом; дамба, пирс, причал; to recollect — вспоминать, припоминать), and he was leaning out through one of the port-holes in a very dangerous position (и он /парень/ высовывался из иллюминатора в очень опасном положении; port-hole: port — порт; отверстие; левый борт; hole — дыра, отверстие). I went up to him to try and save him (я подошел к нему, чтобы попытаться спасти его).
"Hi (эй)! come further in (отойдите назад; to come in — входить; further — добавочный, дальнейший; дальше)," I said, shaking him by the shoulder (сказал я, тряся его за плечо). "You'll be overboard (вы упадете за борт; overboard — за борт; за бортом)."
"Oh my! I wish I was (ну да, я этого и хочу; oh my — вот тебе на! вот это да! подумать только!)," was the only answer I could get (был единственный ответ, /который/ я смог получить); and there I had to leave him (и здесь = и на этом мне пришлось оставить его).
Three weeks afterwards, I met him in the coffee-room of a Bath hotel (три недели спустя я встретил его в столовой гостиницы в Бате; afterwards — впоследствии, позднее, потом; to meet; coffee-room — кафе, столовая в гостинице), talking about his voyages, and explaining, with enthusiasm, how he loved the sea (говорившего = где он рассказывал о своих плаваниях и объяснял с воодушевлением, как он любит море).
Phi

Post by Phi »

If most men were like a fellow I saw on the Yarmouth boat one day (Si la mayoría de los hombres fueran como un tipo que vi una vez en el barco Yarmouth = navegando hacia Yarmouth; boat — barco, bote; nave), I could account for the seeming enigma easily enough ( Podría explicar este aparente misterio con bastante facilidad; to account for — dar un informe; explique; prestar atención). It was just off Southend Pier, I recollect ( /el barco/ acababa de alejarse del muelle de Southend, /por lo que/ recuerdo; to be off — salir; empezar a moverse; pier — muelle, rompeolas; presa, embarcadero; to recollect — recuerda), and he was leaning out through one of the port-holes in a very dangerous position ( y él /el chico/ estaba asomado por un ojo de buey, en una posición muy peligrosa; port-hole: port — puerto; agujero; lado izquierdo; hole — agujero). I went up to him to try and save him ( Me acerqué a él para intentar salvarlo).
"Hi (¡Eh!)! come further in (Hola, ven mas adentro; to come in — entrar en; further — adicional, más lejos)," I said, shaking him by the shoulder (Le dije, sacudiendolo del hombro). "You'll be overboard ( te caerás por la borda; overboard — por la borda)."
"Oh my! I wish I was (¡Sí, claro! eso quisiera; oh my — ¡solo piensa en ello)," was the only answer I could get (fue la única respuesta que pude obtener); and there I had to leave him (y ahí tuve que dejarlo).
Three weeks afterwards, I met him in the coffee-room of a Bath hotel ( tres semanas después lo conocí en el comedor de un hotel en Bath; afterwards — después, más tarde, entonces; to meet; coffee-room — cafetería, comedor en el hote), talking about his voyages, and explaining, with enthusiasm, how he loved the sea (hablando = donde habló sobre sus viajes y explicando con entusiasmo cuanto amaba el mar).

this post was corrected