Day25

admin
Site Admin

Day25

Post by admin »

"Get me out of this," was the feeble reply.
And they ran him up quick, and propped him up, over to leeward, and left him.
For the next four days he lived a simple and blameless life on thin captain's biscuits (I mean that the biscuits were thin, not the captain) and soda-water; but, towards Saturday, he got uppish, and went in for weak tea and dry toast, and on Monday he was gorging himself on chicken broth. He left the ship on Tuesday, and as it steamed away from the landing-stage he gazed after it regretfully.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day25

Post by admin »

"Get me out of this (Sácame de aquí)," was the feeble reply ( hubo una respuesta débil).
And they ran him up quick ( lo llevaron arriba rápidamente; to run up), and propped him up, over to leeward, and left him ( Así que lo subieron rápidamente, lo apuntalaron a sotavento y lo dejaron allí; to prop up — apuntalar, apoyar; to leave — salir, dejar).
For the next four days he lived a simple and blameless life on thin captain's biscuits ( durante los siguientes cuatro días llevó una vida sencilla e impecable, /comiendo/ en la fina galleta del capitán; to live — vivir, existir; nutrir; blameless — inocente, puro; blame — condenación; culpa; biscuit — bizcocho, galleta) (I mean that the biscuits were thin, not the captain) and soda-water (quiero decir que la galleta era delgada, sin capitán y refresco); but, towards Saturday, he got uppish (pero, hacia el sábado, se animó; uppish — esnob, arrogante, engreído), and went in for weak tea and dry toast (y permítete té suave y tostadas secas; to go in for — estar interesado, interesado; permitir, permítete; dry — seco), and on Monday he was gorging himself on chicken broth (y el lunes ya se estaba atiborrando de caldo de pollo; to gorge — comer en exceso, llenar su barriga, tragar; llenar algo; chicken — pollo, gallina; broth — sopa, caldo). He left the ship on Tuesday (bajó del barco el martes = desembarcó), and as it steamed away from the landing-stage he gazed after it regretfully ( y cuando éste /el barco/ partió del muelle con su rastro de humo, él miró después con mirada triste; to steam — echar vapor; to gaze — mirada, mirar fijamente; to gaze after — mirada después; regretful — triste, arrepentido; regret — arrepentirse).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

–Deseo que me saquen de aquí –respondió débilmente mi conocido.
Así que lo subieron rápidamente, lo apuntalaron a sotavento y lo dejaron allí.
Durante los cuatro días siguientes vivió una vida sencilla e irreprochable a base de galleta de marinero de poca masa (lo que tenía poca masa era la galleta, no los marineros) y agua carbónica.
Llegado el sábado, sin embargo, se encontró en mejor
forma y se atrevió a ingerir un té poco cargado con tostadas al natural, y el lunes ya se estaba atiborrando de caldo de pollo.
Bajó del barco el martes y, apesadumbrado, lo observó alejarse del muelle con su rastro de humo.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
"Get me out of this (вызволите меня отсюда)," was the feeble reply (был слабый ответ).
And they ran him up quick (его подняли наверх быстро; to run up), and propped him up, over to leeward, and left him (прислонили /к борту/ с подветренной стороны и оставили /одного/; to prop up — подпирать, поддерживать; to leave — покидать, оставлять).
For the next four days he lived a simple and blameless life on thin captain's biscuits (следующие четыре дня он вел простую и безупречную жизнь, /питаясь/ тонким печеньем капитана; to live — жить, существовать; кормиться; blameless — безукоризненный, беспорочный; blame — осуждение; виновность; biscuit — сухое печенье; галета) (I mean that the biscuits were thin, not the captain) and soda-water (я имею в виду, что печенье было тонким, не капитан, и содовой водой); but, towards Saturday, he got uppish (но к субботе он набрался дерзости; uppish — чванливый, наглый, спесивый, дерзкий), and went in for weak tea and dry toast (и позволил себе /выпить/ слабого чаю и /съесть/ поджаренный хлеб; to go in for — интересоваться, увлекаться /чем-либо/; позволять, разрешать себе /что-либо/; dry — сухой), and on Monday he was gorging himself on chicken broth (а в понедельник он /уже/ объедался куриным бульоном; to gorge — обжираться, набивать брюхо, поглощать; наполнять что-либо; chicken — цыпленок, курица; broth — суп, похлебка, бульон). He left the ship on Tuesday (он покинул корабль = сошел на сушу во вторник), and as it steamed away from the landing-stage he gazed after it regretfully (и когда оно /судно/ отходило от пристани, выпуская пар, он провожал его печальным взглядом; to steam — выпускать пар, парить; to gaze — пристально глядеть, уставиться; to gaze after — провожать взглядом; regretful — печальный, сожалеющий; regret — сожаление).
Phi

Post by Phi »

"Get me out of this (Sácame de aquí)," was the feeble reply ( Fue la respuesta débil).
And they ran him up quick ( y corrieron arriba rápidamente; to run up), and propped him up, over to leeward, and left him ( Y lo subieron rápidamente, lo apuntalaron a el sotavento y lo dejaron allí; to prop up — apuntalar, apoyar; to leave — salir, dejar).
For the next four days he lived a simple and blameless life on thin captain's biscuits ( durante los siguientes cuatro días llevó una vida sencilla e impecable, en base a finas galletas de capitán; to live — vivir, existir; nutrir; blameless — inocente, puro; blame — condenación; culpa; biscuit — bizcocho, galleta) (I mean that the biscuits were thin, not the captain) and soda-water (quiero decir que las galletas eran finas, no el capitan; but, towards Saturday, he got uppish (pero, hacia el sábado, se animó; uppish — esnob, arrogante, engreído), and went in for weak tea and dry toast (y fui a tomar un té suave y tostadas secas; to go in for — estar interesado, interesado; permitir, permítete; dry — seco), and on Monday he was gorging himself on chicken broth (y el lunes ya se estaba atiborrando de caldo de pollo; to gorge — comer en exceso, llenar su barriga, tragar; llenar algo; chicken — pollo, gallina; broth — sopa, caldo). He left the ship on Tuesday (El dejó el barco el martes = desembarcó), and as it steamed away from the landing-stage he gazed after it regretfully ( y cuando éste /el barco/ partió del muelle con su rastro de humo, él lo miró después con mirada triste; to steam — echar vapor; to gaze — mirada, mirar fijamente; to gaze after — mirada después; regretful — triste, arrepentido; regret — arrepentirse).

this post was corrected