Day22

admin
Site Admin

Day22

Post by admin »

"Sea-side!" said my brother-in-law, pressing the ticket affectionately into his hand; "why, you'll have enough to last you a lifetime; and as for exercise! why, you'll get more exercise, sitting down on that ship, than you would turning somersaults on dry land."
He himself — my brother-in-law — came back by train. He said the North-Western Railway was healthy enough for him.
Another fellow I knew went for a week's voyage round the coast, and, before they started, the steward came to him to ask whether he would pay for each meal as he had it, or arrange beforehand for the whole series.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day22

Post by admin »

"Sea-side (costa del mar)!" said my brother-in-law, pressing the ticket affectionately into his hand (dijo mi cuñado, poniéndole el billete gentil/afectuosamente en la mano; to press into — apretujar, llevar a; succionar); "why, you'll have enough to last you a lifetime ( tendrás suficiente = tendrás suficiente para toda la vida; to last — durar); and as for exercise ( y en cuanto a movimiento/gimnasia)! why, you'll get more exercise, sitting down on that ship (obtienes más de esto al abordar = abordar este barco), than you would turning somersaults on dry land (que /que tu harías/ dando saltos mortales en tierra firme; to turn somersault — dar vueltas; to turn — da la vuelta, giro de vuelta)."
He himself — my brother-in-law — came back by train ( él mismo - me refiero a mi cuñado - regresó en tren). He said the North-Western Railway was healthy enough for him ( dijo que el ferrocarril del Noroeste era suficientemente saludable para él; to say; healthy — saludable; útil).
Another fellow I knew went for a week's voyage round the coast (otro amigo a quien conocía= otro amigo mío se fue a una semana /mar/ viaje costero), and, before they started, the steward came to him to ask ( y antes de zarpar, el mayordomo le abordó para preguntarle; steward — un camarero en un buque marítimo de pasajeros o en un avión de pasajeros; auxiliar de vuelo, azafata) whether he would pay for each meal as he had it (si pagaría por cada comida /durante la comida/; whether — ya sea; meal — comiendo; to have a meal — tener una comida, comer), or arrange beforehand for the whole series ( o pagar por adelantado todo de una vez; to arrange — poner en orden, organizar; concertar; beforehand — antemano, de antemano; series — serie, conjunto).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

–¡Ambiente marino! –dijo mi cuñado, poniéndole el billete afectuosamente en la mano–.
Tendrás todo el ambiente marino que vayas a necesitar en tu vida, y en cuanto a ejercicio, vas a hacer más, sentado en el barco, que dando saltos mortales en tierra firme.
El, por su parte –me refiero a mi cuñado–, regresó en tren.
Dijo que el ferrocarril del Noroeste era suficientemente saludable para él.
Otro conocido mío emprendió un viaje de una semana por la costa y, antes de zarpar, el mayordomo le abordó para preguntarle si deseaba pagar la comida a medida que la fuera consumiendo o prefería pagar todo de una vez
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
"Sea-side (морского берега)!" said my brother-in-law, pressing the ticket affectionately into his hand (сказал мой зять, нежно/ласково втискивая билет в его руку; to press into — втискивать, вталкивать; всовывать); "why, you'll have enough to last you a lifetime (вы будете иметь достаточно = вам хватит на всю жизнь; to last — продолжаться, длиться; сохраняться); and as for exercise (а что касается движения/гимнастики)! why, you'll get more exercise, sitting down on that ship (вы получите этого больше, садясь = сев на этот корабль), than you would turning somersaults on dry land (чем /если бы/ вы кувыркались на суше: «сухой земле»; to turn somersault — кувыркаться; to turn — поворачивать/ся/, кружиться)."
He himself — my brother-in-law — came back by train (сам он — мой зять — вернулся поездом). He said the North-Western Railway was healthy enough for him (он сказал, Северо-Западная железная дорога была достаточно полезна для него; to say; healthy — здоровый; полезный, благотворный).
Another fellow I knew went for a week's voyage round the coast (другой приятель, которого я знал = другой мой знакомый отправился в недельное /морское/ путешествие вдоль побережья), and, before they started, the steward came to him to ask (и, прежде чем они отплыли, стюард пришел к нему спросить; steward — официант на пассажирском морском судне или на пассажирском самолете; бортпроводник) whether he would pay for each meal as he had it (будет ли он платить за каждый обед /во время еды/; whether — ли; meal — прием пищи, еда; to have a meal — есть, кушать), or arrange beforehand for the whole series (или заплатит заранее за весь комплекс; to arrange — приводить в порядок, устраивать; договариваться; beforehand — заранее, заблаговременно; series — серия, комплект).
Phi

Post by Phi »

"Sea-side (Costa del mar)!" said my brother-in-law, pressing the ticket affectionately into his hand (dijo mi cuñado, presionando el boleto gentil/afectuosamente en la mano; to press into — apretujar, llevar a; succionar); "why, you'll have enough to last you a lifetime ( tendrás suficiente = tendrás suficiente para toda la vida; to last — durar); and as for exercise ( y en cuanto al ejercicioa)! why, you'll get more exercise, sitting down on that ship (obtienes más de esto al abordar = abordar este barco), than you would turning somersaults on dry land (de lo que /que tu harías/ dando saltos mortales en tierra firme; to turn somersault — dar vueltas; to turn — da la vuelta, giro de vuelta)."
He himself — my brother-in-law — came back by train ( él mismo - me refiero a mi cuñado - regresó en tren). He said the North-Western Railway was healthy enough for him ( dijo que el ferrocarril del Noroeste era suficientemente saludable para él; to say; healthy — saludable; útil).
Another fellow I knew went for a week's voyage round the coast (otro amigo a quien conocía= otro amigo mío se fue a una semana de /mar/ viaje costero), and, before they started, the steward came to him to ask ( y antes de zarpar, el mayordomo le abordó para preguntarle; steward — un camarero en un buque marítimo de pasajeros o en un avión de pasajeros; auxiliar de vuelo, azafata) whether he would pay for each meal as he had it (si pagaría por cada comida /durante la comida/; whether — ya sea; meal — comiendo; to have a meal — tener una comida, comer), or arrange beforehand for the whole series ( o pagar por adelantado todo de una vez; to arrange — poner en orden, organizar; concertar; beforehand — antemano, de antemano; series — serie, conjunto).

this post was corrected