Day19

admin
Site Admin

Day19

Post by admin »

Harris said he thought it would be humpy. He said he knew the sort of place I meant; where everybody went to bed at eight o'clock, and you couldn't get a Referee for love or money, and had to walk ten miles to get your baccy.
"No," said Harris, "if you want rest and change, you can't beat a sea trip."
I objected to the sea trip strongly. A sea trip does you good when you are going to have a couple of months of it, but, for a week, it is wicked.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day19

Post by admin »

Harris said he thought it would be humpy (Harris dijo que cree que será aburrido; to say; to think; hump — joroba; colina; añoranza, mal humor). He said he knew the sort of place I meant (Dijo que conoce ese el tipo de lugares, /lo que/ quise decir = conoce lugares similares; to know; sort — especie, variedad, clase; to mean — significar, querer decir); where everybody went to bed at eight o'clock ( donde todos se van a la cama a las ocho en punto; to go to bed), and you couldn't get a Referee for love or money ( y no puedes conseguir un periódico deportivo por dinero; referee — árbitro, referí; for love or money — a cualquier precio, por cualquier dinero; love — amor; inclinación, antojos; money — dinero), and had to walk ten miles to get your baccy ( y tienes que caminar diez millas para conseguir un poco de tabaco; baccy — tabaco, abbr. del tabaco).
"No," said Harris, "if you want rest and change, you can't beat a sea trip ( si quieres descansar y cambiar, no puedes superar / superar el viaje en barco / viaje = nada mejor que un viaje en barco que encontrarás)."
I objected to the sea trip strongly ( Yo fuertemente objeciones contra un viaje en barco). A sea trip does you good when you are going to have a couple of months of it (viajar por mar trae beneficios si vas a pasar un par de meses allí; to do good — haz el bien), but, for a week, it is wicked (pero para una semana es una verdadera crueldad; wicked — malvado, malo; repugnante, vil).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Harris dijo que eso le parecía deprimente. Dijo que conocía ese tipo de lugares, donde todo el mundo se acostaba a las ocho y no había forma de encontrar un periódico por todo el oro del mundo, aparte de tener que andar diez millas para conseguir tabaco.
–No –dijo Harris–. Si queréis descanso y cambio, no hay nada mejor que un viaje en barco.
Yo tenía graves objeciones contra un viaje en barco. Un viaje en barco sienta bien cuando dura un par de meses, pero para una semana es una verdadera crueldad.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
Harris said he thought it would be humpy (Гаррис сказал, он думает, это будет скучно; to say; to think; hump — горб; холмик; тоска, плохое настроение). He said he knew the sort of place I meant (сказал, /что/ знает тип места, /которое/ я имею в виду = знает подобные места; to know; sort — вид, разновидность, класс; to mean — иметь в виду, подразумевать); where everybody went to bed at eight o'clock (где все ложатся спать в восемь часов; to go to bed), and you couldn't get a Referee for love or money (и вы не сможете = нельзя достать спортивную газету ни за какие деньги; referee — третейский судья; арбитр, рефери; for love or money — любой ценой, за любые деньги; love — любовь; склонность, тяга; money — деньги), and had to walk ten miles to get your baccy (и приходится пройти десять миль, чтобы раздобыть табачку; baccy — табачок, сокр. от tobacco).
"No," said Harris, "if you want rest and change, you can't beat a sea trip (если вы хотите отдыха и перемены, вы не сможете побить/превзойти морскую прогулку/путешествие = ничего лучше морской прогулки вам не найти)."
I objected to the sea trip strongly (я решительно возражал против прогулки по морю). A sea trip does you good when you are going to have a couple of months of it (путешествие по морю приносит /вам/ пользу, если вы собираетесь провести там пару месяцев; to do good — делать добро, приносить пользу), but, for a week, it is wicked (но неделя — это нехорошо; wicked — злой, нехороший; отвратительный, мерзкий).
Phi

Post by Phi »

Harris said he thought it would be humpy (Harris dijo que creia que seria desigual; to say; to think; humpy — desigual, refugio pequeño, mal humor). He said he knew the sort of place I meant (Dijo que conocia ese tipo de lugares a los que me referia, /lo que/ quise decir = conoce lugares similares; to know; sort — especie, variedad, clase; to mean — significar, querer decir); where everybody went to bed at eight o'clock ( donde todos se van a la cama a las ocho en punto; to go to bed), and you couldn't get a Referee for love or money ( y no puedes conseguir un periódico deportivo ni por amor dinero; referee — árbitro, referí; for love or money — a cualquier precio, por cualquier dinero; love — amor; inclinación, antojos; money — dinero), and had to walk ten miles to get your baccy ( y tienes que caminar diez millas para conseguir un poco de tabaco; baccy — tabaco, abbr. del tabaco).
"No," said Harris, "if you want rest and change, you can't beat a sea trip (No, dijo Harris, "si quieres descansar y cambiar, no puedes superar / superar el viaje en barco / viaje = nada mejor que un viaje en barco encontrarás)."
I objected to the sea trip strongly (Me opuse fuertemente al viaje por mar). A sea trip does you good when you are going to have a couple of months of it (viajar por mar trae beneficios si vas a pasar un par de meses allí; to do good — haz el bien), but, for a week, it is wicked (pero para una semana es una verdadera crueldad; wicked — malvado, malo; repugnante, vil).

this post was corrected