Day15

admin
Site Admin

Day15

Post by admin »

We sat there for half-an-hour, describing to each other our maladies. I explained to George and William Harris how I felt when I got up in the morning, and William Harris told us how he felt when he went to bed; and George stood on the hearth-rug, and gave us a clever and powerful piece of acting, illustrative of how he felt in the night.
George fancies he is ill; but there's never anything really the matter with him, you know.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day15

Post by admin »

We sat there for half-an-hour, describing to each other our maladies (Nos sentamos durante media hora describiéndonos mutuamente nuestras enfermedades). I explained to George and William Harris how I felt when I got up in the morning ( Yo les expliqué a George y a William Harris lo que me siento cuando me levanto por la mañana; to feel; to get up — levantarse, subir), and William Harris told us how he felt when he went to bed (y William Harris nos contó cómo se sentía al acostarse; to tell; to go to bed); and George stood on the hearth-rug ( George se paró sobre la alfombra de la chimenea; to stand — estar de pie, ponerse de pie; hearth — hogar; chimenea), and gave us a clever and powerful piece of acting (y nos dio una actuación inteligente y poderosa; to give-gave-given; clever — inteligente; hábil, calificado; powerful — fuerte, poderoso; convincente, brillante; piece — pieza, parte; obra literaria o musical; acting — rendimiento, juego /en el Teatro/, performance), illustrative of how he felt in the night ( mostrando cómo se sintió en la noche; illustrative — ilustrativo, explicativo).
George fancies he is ill ( George imagina que está enfermo); but there's never anything really the matter with him, you know ( pero nunca hay nada malo con él en la realidad, ves).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pasamos una media hora más describiéndonos mutuamente nuestras respectivas enfermedades. Yo les expliqué a George y a William Harris lo que sentía al levantarme por la mañana y William Harris nos contó cómo se sentía al acostarse.
George, puesto en pie sobre la alfombra de la chimenea, hizo una poderosa e inteligente representación, ilustrativa de sus sentimientos nocturnos. George cree que está enfermo, pero en realidad jamás tiene nada.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
We sat there for half-an-hour, describing to each other our maladies (мы просидели полчаса, описывая друг другу свои болезни). I explained to George and William Harris how I felt when I got up in the morning (я объяснил Джорджу и Уильяму Гаррису, как я чувствую себя, когда встаю утром; to feel; to get up — вставать, подниматься), and William Harris told us how he felt when he went to bed (Уильям Гаррис рассказал нам, как он чувствует себя, когда ложится спать: «идет к кровати»; to tell; to go to bed); and George stood on the hearth-rug (Джордж встал на каминный коврик; to stand — стоять, вставать; hearth — домашний очаг; камин), and gave us a clever and powerful piece of acting (и дал нам искусное и яркое представление; to give-gave-given; clever — умный; искусный, умелый; powerful — крепкий, мощный; убедительный, яркий; piece — кусок, часть; литературное или музыкальное произведение; acting — выступление, игра /актера/, представление), illustrative of how he felt in the night (показывая, как он чувствует себя ночью; illustrative — иллюстративный, пояснительный).
George fancies he is ill (Джордж воображает, /будто/ он болен); but there's never anything really the matter with him, you know (но никогда ничего плохого в действительности с ним нет, видите ли).
Phi

Post by Phi »

We sat there for half-an-hour, describing to each other our maladies (Nos sentamos durante media hora describiéndonos mutuamente nuestros malestares). I explained to George and William Harris how I felt when I got up in the morning ( Yo le expliqué a George y a William Harris lo que sentia cuando me levantaba por la mañana; to feel; to get up — levantarse, subir), and William Harris told us how he felt when he went to bed (y William Harris nos contó cómo se sentía al acostarse; to tell; to go to bed); and George stood on the hearth-rug (Y George se paró sobre la alfombra de hogar; to stand — estar de pie, ponerse de pie; hearth — hogar; chimenea), and gave us a clever and powerful piece of acting (y nos dio una actuación inteligente y poderosa; to give-gave-given; clever — inteligente; hábil, calificado; powerful — fuerte, poderoso; convincente, brillante; piece — pieza, parte; obra literaria o musical; acting — rendimiento, juego /en el Teatro/, performance), illustrative of how he felt in the night ( Ilustrativa de cómo se sentía en la noche; illustrative — ilustrativo, explicativo).
George fancies he is ill ( George fantasea que está enfermo); but there's never anything really the matter with him, you know ( pero nunca hay nada malo con él en la realidad, sabes).

this post was corrected