Day10

admin
Site Admin

Day10

Post by admin »

I said:
"I will not take up your time, dear boy, with telling you what is the matter with me. Life is brief, and you might pass away before I had finished. But I will tell you what is not the matter with me. I have not got housemaid's knee. Why I have not got housemaid's knee, I cannot tell you; but the fact remains that I have not got it. Everything else, however, I have got."
And I told him how I came to discover it all.
Then he opened me and looked down me, and clutched hold of my wrist, and then he hit me over the chest when I wasn't expecting it — a cowardly thing to do, I call it — and immediately afterwards butted me with the side of his head. After that, he sat down and wrote out a prescription, and folded it up and gave it me, and I put it in my pocket and went out.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day10

Post by admin »

I said:
"I will not take up your time, dear boy (no voy a hacerte perder el tiempo, querida: "querido chico"; boy — chico, muchacho), with telling you what is the matter with me (contándote lo que me ocurre = lo que me enferma). Life is brief, and you might pass away before I had finished (la vida es breve y podrías morir antes de que yo terminase; to pass away — desaparecer, pasar; morir, fallecer). But I will tell you what is not the matter with me (pero sí te diré de lo que no estoy enfermo). I have not got housemaid's knee (no tengo rodilla de fregona). Why I have not got housemaid's knee, I cannot tell you (por qué no tengo rodilla de fregona, no puedo decirte); but the fact remains that I have not got it ( el hecho es que no lo tengo). Everything else, however, I have got (todo lo demás, tengo, sin embargo)."
And I told him how I came to discover it all (y le conté cómo lo había descubierto todo; to tell; to come to — vienen /a cualquier estado de cosas, conclusión, a cualquier estado/, lograr /algo/).
Then he opened me and looked down me (después me hizo desvestirme y me examinó; to open — abrir, abrirse; desplegar; to look — mirar, mirar hacia fuera; examinar, inspeccionar), and clutched hold of my wrist ( agarró mi muñeca; to clutch hold of — agarrar algo; to clutch — agarrar, pinzar; hold — agarrar, apretar, captura), and then he hit me over the chest when I wasn't expecting it (y después me golpeó en el pecho cuando menos lo esperaba) — a cowardly thing to do, I call it (una acción cobarde, en mi opinión = un acto vil, creo; coward — cobarde) — and immediately afterwards butted me with the side of his head (e inmediatamente después me embistió con un cabeza; to butt — golpear su cabeza, topetar; side — lado; borde). After that, he sat down and wrote out a prescription (después se sentó y escribió una receta; after that — después de esto, luego; to write out), and folded it up and gave it me (la plegó y me la entregó; to give-gave-given), and I put it in my pocket and went out (me la metí en el bolsillo y me fui; to go out).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yo dije:
–No pretendo malgastar tu tiempo, camarada, contándote lo que me ocurre. La vida es breve, y podrías morir antes de que yo terminase. Pero sí te diré lo que no me pasa. No tengo rodilla de fregona. No puedo decirte por qué no tengo rodilla de fregona, pero el caso es que así es. Tengo, sin embargo, todo lo demás. Y le conté cómo lo había descubierto. Me hizo desvestirme y me examinó, me cogió por la muñeca y después me golpeó en el pecho cuando menos lo esperaba –una acción cobarde, en mi opinión– e inmediatamente después me embistió con un lado de la cabeza. Terminado esto, se sentó, escribió una receta la plegó y me la entregó. Me la metí en el bolsillo y me fui.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the website helps you to get right meaning
I said:
"I will not take up your time, dear boy (я не стану отнимать у тебя время, мой дорогой: «дорогой парень»; boy — мальчик, парень), with telling you what is the matter with me (рассказывая тебе, что со мной = чем я болен). Life is brief, and you might pass away before I had finished (жизнь коротка, и ты можешь умереть прежде, чем я закончу; to pass away — исчезать, проходить; умереть, скончаться). But I will tell you what is not the matter with me (но я скажу тебе, чем я не болен). I have not got housemaid's knee (у меня нет воспаления сумки надколенника). Why I have not got housemaid's knee, I cannot tell you (почему у меня его нет, не могу тебе сказать); but the fact remains that I have not got it (но факт остается /фактом/, что у меня нет его). Everything else, however, I have got (все остальное, тем не менее, у меня есть)."
And I told him how I came to discover it all (и я рассказал ему, как я смог обнаружить все это; to tell; to come to — приходить /к какому-либо положению дел, выводу, в какое-либо состояние/, достигать /чего либо/).
Then he opened me and looked down me (потом он раздел меня и осмотрел /сверху/ донизу; to open — открывать/ся/, раскрывать/ся/; to look — смотреть, глядеть; осматривать), and clutched hold of my wrist (схватил меня за запястье; to clutch hold of — схватить что-либо; to clutch — схватить, зажать; hold — схватывание, сжатие, захват), and then he hit me over the chest when I wasn't expecting it (затем он ударил меня в грудь, когда я не ожидал этого) — a cowardly thing to do, I call it (трусливая вещь, я называю это = подлый номер, по-моему; coward — трус) — and immediately afterwards butted me with the side of his head (и тотчас же после этого боднул меня головой; to butt — ударять головой, бодать/ся/; side — сторона; бок; край). After that, he sat down and wrote out a prescription (затем он сел и выписал рецепт; after that — после того, затем; to write out), and folded it up and gave it me (сложил его и отдал мне; to give-gave-given), and I put it in my pocket and went out (я положил его в карман и вышел; to go out).
Phi

Post by Phi »

I said:
"I will not take up your time, dear boy (Yo no voy a hacerte perder el tiempo, querido chico; boy — chico, muchacho), with telling you what is the matter with me (contándote lo que me ocurre = lo que me enferma). Life is brief, and you might pass away before I had finished (la vida es breve y podrías morir antes de que yo terminase; to pass away — desaparecer, pasar; morir, fallecer). But I will tell you what is not the matter with me (pero sí te diré de lo que no estoy enfermo). I have not got housemaid's knee (no tengo rodilla de sirvienta). Why I have not got housemaid's knee, I cannot tell you (por qué no tengo rodilla de sirvienta, no puedo decirte); but the fact remains that I have not got it ( el hecho es que no lo tengo). Everything else, however, I have got (Sin embargo, todo lo demas lo tengo)."
And I told him how I came to discover it all (y le conté cómo lo había descubierto todo; to tell; to come to — vienen /a cualquier estado de cosas, conclusión, a cualquier estado/, lograr /algo/).
Then he opened me and looked down me (después el me hizo desvestirme y me examinó; to open — abrir, abrirse; desplegar; to look — mirar, mirar hacia fuera; examinar, inspeccionar), and clutched hold of my wrist (y agarró mi muñeca; to clutch hold of — agarrar algo; to clutch — agarrar, pinzar; hold — agarrar, apretar, captura), and then he hit me over the chest when I wasn't expecting it (y después me golpeó en el pecho cuando menos lo esperaba) — a cowardly thing to do, I call it (una acción cobarde, en mi opinión = un acto vil, creo; coward — cobarde) — and immediately afterwards butted me with the side of his head (e inmediatamente después me embistió con el lado de su cabeza; to butt — golpear su cabeza, topetar; side — lado; borde). After that, he sat down and wrote out a prescription (después de eso se sentó y escribió una receta; after that — después de esto, luego; to write out), and folded it up and gave it me (la plegó y me la entregó; to give-gave-given), and I put it in my pocket and went out (me la metí en el bolsillo y me fui; to go out).

this post was corrected