App & Web-App open source ideas

Phonetician

App & Web-App open source ideas

Post by Phonetician »

Discuss possible APP ideas, source codes, ask questions related to mobile app, web-app, API coding here. Do not hesitate to share a code sample, feel free to ask as many questions as you want related to this topic too.

1. Cajon musical instrument:
This idea came to my mind after a strong desire to posses a Cajon (afro-perunian musical instrument). However I was not able to pay for one and was not sure if this is what I want so much so I decided to make my own virtual Cajon APP. For this app I used a Cajon picture and an onclick method, with some sample sounds from original Cajon wav or mp3 samples. However I had problems making this APP responsible because there were some specific points where to press to play the sound but luckily CSS Flexbox took care of this problem. To transform this APP in a mobile APP I used droidScript App that allowed me to connect my phone with the PC and the coding from the PC was directly transformed into a form of a Mobile APP. All it required was a server secured by username, ID and password.

2. Tap to play English Phonemes
As a philologist and phonetician I wanted to create an app that will play sound on click on a specific phoneme, it took a 44 divisions in HTML, and a few lines of JS code, all that placed in CSS GRID form in form of calculator. Using an onclick playSound() function allows me to play the sound of any of the consonants or vowels. However this APP still needs more additional things such as additional info for the phonemes and the speech sounds.

3. TO-DO list
This is a quite easy thing to do if you are familiar with HTML/CSS and JS. The idea is to create an input placeholder where we can input some tasks, you already need to know the Date() functions on JavaScript so it will automatically add a date when you want to start doing your own task. it works as a scedule, you also need an X (delete/remove) button in order to clear the tasks after they are being finished. SQL and PHP or Node.Js might help us to save the tasks for each day.

Feel free to add your own ideas and projects here!