Day 12

admin
Site Admin

Day 12

Post by admin »

The Libby building is three stories high and eighty feet in width and one hundred and ten feet in length. In front the first story is on a level with the street, allowing a space for a tier of dungeons under the sidewalk, but in the rear the land sloped away till the basement floor rose above the ground.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Day 12

Post by admin »

Upon passing inside we enter a room about forty feet wide and one hundred feet deep, with bare brick walls, a rough plank floor and narrow dingy windows.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This room with five others of similar size and two basements floored with earth and filled with debris, composed the famous Libby prison,
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

in which for months, thousands of the best and bravest men that ever went to battle have been confined and allowed to rot, starve, and be overrun with vermin, perish with cold, breathe stifling, tainted atmosphere, no space allowed us to rest by day, and lying down at night wormed and dove-tailed together like so many fish in a basket.

Post by Guest »

virtualmod wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 am The Libby building is three stories high and eighty feet in width and one hundred and ten feet in length. In front the first story is on a level with the street, allowing a space for a tier of dungeons under the sidewalk, but in the rear the land sloped away till the basement floor rose above the ground.

Budynek Libby ma trzy kondygnacje, osiemdziesiąt stóp szerokości i sto dziesięć stóp długości. Z przodu pierwsze piętro znajduje się na równi z ulicą, co pozwala na umieszczenie szeregu lochów pod chodnikiem, ale z tyłu teren pochyla się, aż podłoga piwnicy unosi się nad ziemią.

Post by Guest »

virtualmod wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 am Upon passing inside we enter a room about forty feet wide and one hundred feet deep, with bare brick walls, a rough plank floor and narrow dingy windows.
Wchodząc do środka, wchodzimy do pomieszczenia szerokiego na czterdzieści stóp i głębokiego na sto stóp, z gołymi ceglanymi ścianami, nierówną podłogą z desek i wąskimi obskurnymi oknami.

Post by Guest »

virtualmod wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 am This room with five others of similar size and two basements floored with earth and filled with debris, composed the famous Libby prison,

To pomieszczenie z pięcioma innymi podobnymi rozmiarami i dwiema piwnicami wyłożonymi ziemią i wypełnionymi gruzami tworzyło słynne więzienie Libby,

Post by Guest »

virtualmod wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:44 am in which for months, thousands of the best and bravest men that ever went to battle have been confined and allowed to rot, starve, and be overrun with vermin, perish with cold, breathe stifling, tainted atmosphere, no space allowed us to rest by day, and lying down at night wormed and dove-tailed together like so many fish in a basket.

w którym przez miesiące tysiące najlepszych i najodważniejszych ludzi, którzy kiedykolwiek szli do bitwy, było zamkniętych i pozwalano im gnić, głodować i być opanowanym przez robactwo, ginąć z zimnem, oddychać duszną, skażoną atmosferą, nie ma miejsca na odpoczynek w dzień, a w nocy leżąc odrobaczony i ogony gołębi, jak wiele ryb w koszu.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:31 pm.