Diario 2

Phi

Re: Diario 2

Post by Phi »

I placed myself under the care of Dr. E. J. Groom, and in less than one year he had me in a fair condition, and was able to go to work. Yo me puse bajo el cuidado del Dr. E. J. Groom, y en menos de un año el me tuvo en buenas condiciones y pudo ir a trabajar.
I cannot stand much yet, for the disease contracted in those prisons is in my system, and will be, I suppose, as long as I live; I suffered for 23 months and 17 days in Southern prisons. Yo no puedo soportar mucho todavía, porque la enfermedad contraída en esas prisiones está en mi sistema, yo ​​supongo que lo estará mientras yo viva; Yo sufrí por 23 meses y 17 días en las prisiones Sureñas.
I have carried you hastily through these scenes, but you have not seen all, as it is beyond the power of pen or brush to portray or tongue to tell of those scenes, which will haunt me to my grave. Yo te he llevado a ti apresuradamente a través de estas escenas, pero tu no has visto todas, ya que está más allá del poder de la pluma o el pincel retratar o la lengua para contar esas escenas, las cuales me perseguirán hasta la tumba.
The reality calls for a better light and a nearer view than your clouded, distant gaze will ever get. La realidad exige una mejor luz y una vista más cercana de la que jamás obtendrá su mirada nublada y distante.
Phi

Post by Phi »

Believe me, I have told you the truth as to what we have suffered in Confederate prisons, which you never can and which I pray God your children never may. Créame, yo le he contado la verdad sobre lo que nosotros hemos sufrido en las cárceles de la Confederación, las cuales usted nunca podrá y que yo le pido a Dios que sus hijos nunca puedan sufrir.
As you would have your own woes pitied and your own cries for mercy heard, I beg of you to read the accounts written by the prison survivors, for while they seem so horrible and you mentally suffer, you will be paid a thousand-fold in being the better able to appreciate the many blessings you now enjoy, and to encourage the efforts of a poor survivor to teach the youth of our Republic to show an undivided patriotism for one county and one flag. Así como tu quisieras que se compadecieran de tus propias aflicciones y se escucharan tus propios llantos de misericordia, te ruego que leas los relatos escritos por los supervivientes de la prisión, porque aunque parezcan tan horribles y tu sufras mentalmente, te pagarán mil veces más en ser más capaces de apreciar las muchas bendiciones que ustedes ahora disfrutan, y alentar los esfuerzos de un pobre sobreviviente para enseñar a los jóvenes de nuestra República a mostrar un patriotismo indiviso por un condado y una bandera.
MICHAEL DOUGHERTY, MICHAEL DOUGHERTY,
Late Co. B and Co. M, 13th Pa, Volunteer Cavalry. Late Co. B y Co. M, 13 Pa, Caballería Voluntaria.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Frequently Asked Questions
1.How to get started?
Register to make posts on Forum and comments fields, to keep your own diary (You will receive an email at the address you provide during registration that contains an account activation link). You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where Easy English Study website is hosted or International Law.
2.Why I need personal diary?
Your personal English diary should help you and our teachers to keep track of your real progress in studying English. It’s easy to find your level and to see your ability to study foreign languages by tracking your progress.
3.What should I do after the registration?
Create a new topic in Student Lobby, do everyday posts there about which exercises, tests and flashcards you took, which excerpts from English books you read, what kind of work you did to improve your writing, reading, listening and speaking skills. Let My English studying be a guide for you. Try do not do a literal copy of this guide, be an individual student.
P.S. After the registration you should do at least 3 posts on Forum (you may do it in own diary Student Lobby or in Babbling Student posts). You can introduce yourself in posts. These posts will help us to attract attention to you. Don’t wait when someone will message you after the registration because it will never happen. Not active accounts will be deleted after a month.
4.Can I study English on my own or there is a ready made program?
You can choose materials which you would like to study (using Easy English Study or websites from the hyperlinks). There is not a ready made program for all because every student is individual. We have the general plan how to teach English online, this plan should be corrected to satisfy student’s wishes and aims (English for adolescents, school/university boys and girls, programmers, engineers, scientists, businessmen, travelers, for those who are going to take TOEFL, IELTS exams, others).
5.Do teachers keep track of my work?
Yes, they do it for free. Just make first posts to your own diary in Student Lobby and a teacher will send you a Private Message during a day – two days to your forum account. Teachers will help you to pick up flashcards, exercises, tests and books depended on your level and aims. They will do corrections for you all time during your studying here.
6.Do I need to pay money to study English on Easy English Study website?
You don’t need to pay money to study English here for the first time. You can register, make posts to your own diary, post text and voice messages on Forum, take part in Chats with teachers and other students for free. Teachers will help you for free. When you get to Intermediate level we have paid lessons for you with a teacher from our website to polish your knowledge up in our audio chat.
7.Do I have to use material and exercises only from Easy English Study website?
No. You are free to improvise. It’s a good idea to include everything what you did to improve your English in own daily diary.
8.What is it Dual-language Book?
It’s the forum where you can read a book in English and literal translation into your native language (parallel text).
9.What to do if there is not my native language in Dual-language Book? What to do if I want to read Forum in my native language?
You can use Google Translate to read this English Diary and Forum. Click the button Select Language on the top right corner of Forum, choose your native language and Google Translate will translate English Diary and Forum. It’s a good idea to open two windows in your web browser, one with Google translation, another one with original English.
10.What kind of skills Easy English Study website can teach me? Can you make accent on some special skills? Will I expand my knowledge horizons using the website?
You will boost your Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking skills here, you will get new knowledge and useful terms from smart topics written by professionals of our Forum. We take in account student wishes and aims.
11.How long can I study for free?
You can study for free as long as you want. We will recommend you to take paid English lessons with a teacher in our audio chat when you get to Intermediate level (it may take a month – two months or more) and you are able to Introduce yourself by posting text and voice messages about yourself and your aims.
12.How much a paid lesson with a teacher cost?
The payment is 7-15$ for a lesson during 30 – 45 minutes. Payment may vary depends on your level, aims and deadlines (examples of deadlines can be preparing for an exam, a conference, meetings or emigration).
13.Who are teachers?
Teachers introduced themselves in Teacher Interview. Many of our teachers are native English speakers.
14.What to do if I have an Intermediate (or higher) level in English, I can understand lessons in plain English?
You can take paid lessons with an English teacher right now, omitting the preparatory stage. Introduce yourself and Make an appointment. It’s a good idea to take at least 1-3 Grammar tests and to post 2-3 voice messages before taking paid lessons.
15.What to do if I cannot post in plain English, I need support and translation into my native language?
We will do our best to help you. Teachers will help you to translate English sentences into your native language. You can do some first posts in your native language or use Google translate. We encourage students to use English as much as possible.
16.What to do if I have some questions or problems with a registration?
Don’t hesitate to Ask us anything you want.
Read FAQ in Spanish
Phi

Post by Phi »

Preguntas frecuentes
1.¿Como empezar?
Regístrese para hacer publicaciones en el foro y los campos de comentarios, para llevar su propio diario (recibirá un correo electrónico en la dirección que proporcione durante el registro que contiene un enlace de activación de cuenta). Usted acepta no enviar ningún material abusivo, obsceno, vulgar, difamatorio, odioso, amenazante, de orientación sexual o cualquier otro material que pueda violar cualquier ley de su país, el país donde esta alojado el sitio web Easy English Study o las Leyes Internacionales.
2.¿Por que necesito un diario personal?
Tu diario de ingles personal debería ayudarte a ti y a nuestros profesores a realizar un seguimiento de tu progreso real en el estudio del ingles. Es fácil encontrar su nivel y ver su capacidad para estudiar idiomas extranjeros mediante el seguimiento de su progreso.
3. ¿Que debo hacer después del registro?
Crea un nuevo tema en el Lobby de estudiantes, publica publicaciones diarias allí sobre que ejercicios, pruebas y tarjetas didácticas tomaste, que extractos de libros en ingles leíste, que tipo de trabajo hiciste para mejorar tus habilidades de escritura, lectura, comprensión auditiva y expresión oral. Deje que Mi estudio de ingles le sirva de guía. Trate de no hacer una copia literal de esta guía, sea un estudiante individual.
PD Después del registro debes hacer al menos 3 publicaciones en el Foro (puedes hacerlo en el propio Lobby de diario de estudiante o en las publicaciones de Parloteo de Estudiantes) Puedes presentarte en publicaciones. Estas publicaciones nos ayudaran a llamar la atención sobre ti. No espere a cuando alguien le envié un mensaje después del registro porque nunca sucederá. Las cuentas no activas se eliminaran después de un mes.
4. ¿Puedo estudiar ingles por mi cuenta o hay un programa ya hecho?
Puede elegir los materiales que le gustaría estudiar (utilizando Easy English Study o los sitios web de los hipervínculos). No existe un programa preparado para todos porque cada estudiante es individual. Tenemos el plan general de como ensenar ingles en linea, este plan debe ser corregido para satisfacer los deseos y objetivos de los estudiantes (ingles para adolescentes, escolares / universitarios, programadores, ingenieros, científicos, empresarios, viajeros, para los que van a tomar TOEFL, exámenes IELTS, otros).
5. ¿Los profesores realizan un seguimiento de mi trabajo?
Si, lo hacen gratis. Simplemente haga las primeras publicaciones en su propio diario en el Lobby de estudiantes y un maestro le enviara un mensaje privado durante un día, dos días a su cuenta del foro. Los profesores te ayudaran a recoger flashcards, ejercicios, pruebas y libros según tu nivel y objetivos. Harán correcciones por usted todo el tiempo durante su estudio aquí.
6. ¿Tengo que pagar dinero para estudiar ingles en el sitio web Easy English Study?
No necesitas pagar dinero para estudiar ingles aquí por primera vez. Puede registrarse, hacer publicaciones en su propio diario, publicar mensajes de texto y de voz en el Foro, participar en Chats con profesores y otros estudiantes de forma gratuita. Los profesores te ayudaran de forma gratuita. Cuando llegas al nivel intermedio, hemos pagado lecciones para ti con un maestro de nuestro sitio web para pulir tus conocimientos en nuestro chat de audio.
7. ¿Tengo que utilizar material y ejercicios únicamente del sitio web Easy English Study?
No. Eres libre de improvisar. Es una buena idea incluir todo lo que hiciste para mejorar tu ingles en tu propio diario.
8. ¿Que es un libro bilingüe?
Es el foro donde puedes leer un libro en ingles y traducirlo literalmente a tu idioma nativo (texto paralelo).
9. ¿Que hago si no hay mi lengua materna en el Libro bilingüe? ¿Que hago si quiero leer el Foro en mi idioma nativo?
Puede utilizar Google Translate para leer este diario y foro en ingles. Haga clic en el botón Seleccionar idioma en la esquina superior derecha del Foro, elija su idioma nativo y Google Translate traducirá el Diario y el Foro en ingles. Es una buena idea abrir dos ventanas en su navegador web, una con la traduccion de Google y otra con el ingles original.
10. ¿Que tipo de habilidades me puede ensenar el sitio web Easy English Study? ¿Puedes hacer énfasis en algunas habilidades especiales? ¿Ampliare mis horizontes de conocimiento utilizando el sitio web?
Mejorara sus habilidades de comprensión auditiva, lectura, escritura y expresión oral aquí, obtendrá nuevos conocimientos y términos útiles de temas inteligentes escritos por profesionales de nuestro Foro. Tenemos en cuenta los deseos y objetivos de los estudiantes.
11. ¿Cuanto tiempo puedo estudiar gratis?
Puedes estudiar gratis todo el tiempo que quieras. Te recomendaremos que tomes lecciones de ingles pagadas con un profesor en nuestro chat de audio cuando llegues al nivel intermedio (puede llevar un mes, dos meses o mas) y puedas presentarte publicando mensajes de texto y de voz sobre ti y tus objetivos.
12. ¿Cuanto cuesta una lección pagada con un profesor?
El pago es de 7-15 $ por lección durante 30 a 45 minutos. El pago puede variar según su nivel, objetivos y fechas limite (ejemplos de fechas limite pueden ser la preparación para un examen, una conferencia, reuniones o emigración).
13. ¿Quienes son los profesores?
Los maestros se presentaron en la entrevista con el maestro. Muchos de nuestros profesores son hablantes nativos de ingles.
14. ¿Que debo hacer si tengo un nivel intermedio (o superior) en ingles, puedo entender lecciones en ingles simple?
Puedes tomar lecciones pagadas con un profesor de ingles ahora mismo, omitiendo la etapa preparatoria. Preséntese y programe una cita. Es una buena idea realizar al menos 1-3 pruebas de gramática y publicar 2-3 mensajes de voz antes de tomar lecciones pagadas.
15. ¿Que debo hacer si no puedo publicar en ingles simple, necesito ayuda y traducción a mi idioma nativo?
Haremos todo lo posible para ayudarlo. Los profesores le ayudaran a traducir frases en ingles a su lengua materna. Puede hacer algunas primeras publicaciones en su idioma nativo o utilizar el traductor de Google. Animamos a los estudiantes a utilizar el ingles tanto como sea posible.
16.¿Que hacer si tengo algunas preguntas o problemas con un registro?
No dudes en preguntarnos lo que quieras.
Leer FAQ en español
Phi

Post by Phi »

Medals of Honor, Medallas de honor,
I have been presented with a handsome gold medal by the Colonel of my regiment, afterwards Brigadier General M. Kerwini for bravery in carrying dispatches from General Mulroy's head-quarters at the battle of Winchester. June 16 to 19, 1863, in the three days' fight. Yo fui galardonado con una hermosa medalla de oro por el Coronel de mi regimiento, luego el General de Brigada M. Kerwini por su valentía en llevar los despachos del cuartel central del General Mulroy en la batalla de Winchester. 16 al 19 de Junio de 1863, en los tres días de lucha.
I have also been granted a medal of honor in accordance with an Act of Congress, which entitles me to membership in the Medal of Honor Legion; and the publication issued by the War Department relative to those receiving medals of honor gives the following data: Yo también fui condecorado con una medalla de honor de acuerdo con una Ley del Congreso, la cual me da derecho a membresía de la Legión de la Medalla de Honor; y la publicación emitida por el Departamento de Guerra relativa a aquellos que recibieron medallas de honor se les da los siguientes datos:
"Name rank at date of "Rango de nombre en la fecha de
action, and organization .... Michael Dougherty, acción y organización ... Michael Dougherty,
Priv.,Co. B, 13th Pa.Cav. Cabo., Co. B, Pa.Cab.
Date of issue January 23, 1897. Fecha de emisión 23 de Enero de 1897.
Place Jefferson, Va, Puesto Jefferson, Virginia,
Action Acción
Date October 12, 1863. Fecha 12 de Octubre de 1863.
Ground of award ... At the head of a detachment of his his company, dashed across an open field, exposed to a deadly fire from the enemy, and succeeded in dislodging them from an unoccupied house, which he and his comrades defended for several hours against repeated attacks, thus preventing the enemy from flanking the Union forces." Motivo de adjudicación ... Al frente de un destacamento de su compañía, se lanzó a través de un campo abierto, expuesto a un fuego mortal del enemigo, y logró desalojarlos de una casa desocupada, que él y sus compañeros defendieron durante varias horas contra repetidos ataques, evitando así que el enemigo flanquee a las fuerzas de la Unión."
Phi

Post by Phi »

The following is a copy of the communication I received from the War Department advising me of the award of this medal: La siguiente es una copia de la comunicación que yo recibí del Departamento de Guerra informándome de la concesión de esta medalla:
Subject: Medal of Honor. 432, 1 39 Asunto: Medalla de Honor. 432, 1 39
RECORD AND PENSION OFFICE, OFICINA DE REGISTROS Y PENSIONES,
WAR DEPARTMENT, DEPARTAMENTO DE GUERRA,
Washington City, Ciudad de Washington,
January 23, 1897. 23 de Enero de 1897.
Mr, Michael Dougherty, Sr, Michael Dougherty,
Late private, Co. B, 13th Pa. Cav., Ultimo cabo, Co. B, 13th Pa. Cab.,
Bristol, PennsN Ivania. Bristol, Pensilvania Ivania.
Sir: Señor:
I have the honor to inform you that, by direction of the President and in accordance with the act of Congress approved March 3, 1863, providing for the presentation of medals of honor to such officers, non commissioned officers and privates as have most distinguished themselves in action, the Assistant Secretary of War has awarded you a medal of honor for most distinguished gallantry in action at Jefferson, Virginia, October 12, 1863. Yo tengo el honor de informarle que, por orden del Presidente y de acuerdo con la ley del Congreso aprobada el 3 de Marzo de 1863, se prevé la entrega de medallas de honor a los oficiales, suboficiales y soldados que más se hayan distinguido. en acción, el Subsecretario de Guerra le ha otorgado a usted una medalla de honor por la galantería más distinguida en acción en Jefferson, Virginia, el 12 de Octubre de 1863.
In making the award the Assistant Secretary used the following language. Al otorgar el premio, el Subsecretario utilizó el siguiente idioma.
Phi

Post by Phi »

"This soldier, at the head of a detachment of his company, dashed across an open field exposed to a deadly fire from the enemy and succeeded in dislodging them from an unoccupied house, which he and his comrades defended for several hours against repeated attacks, thus preventing the enemy from flanking the position of the Union forces." "Este soldado, al frente de un destacamento de su compañía, se precipitó por un campo abierto expuesto a un fuego mortal del enemigo y logró desalojarlos de una casa desocupada, que él y sus compañeros defendieron durante varias horas contra repetidos ataques, impidiendo así que el enemigo flanquee la posición de las fuerzas de la Unión ".
The medal has been forwarded to you today by registered mail. La medalla le ha sido enviada hoy por correo certificado.
Upon receipt of it, please advise this office thereof. Una vez recibido, comuníqueselo a esta oficina.
Very respectfully, Muy respetuosamente,
(Signed) F. C. AINSWORTH, (Firmado) F. C. AINSWORTH,
Colonel, U. S. Army, Coronel, Ejército de los Estados Unidos,
Chief, Record and Pension Office. Jefe de Oficina de Registro y Pensiones.
Phi

Post by Phi »

SUMMARY RESUMEN
The variation — from month to month — of the proportion of deaths to the whole number of living is singular and interesting. La variación - de un mes a otro - de la proporción de muertes sobre el total de vivos es singular e interesante.
The following facts were taken from the official report, shows: Los siguientes hechos fueron tomados del informe oficial, muestran:
In April, one in every sixteen died. En Abril, murió uno de cada dieciséis.
In May, one in every twenty-six died. En Mayo, uno de cada veintiséis murió.
In June, one in every twenty-two died. En Junio, uno de cada veintidós murió.
In July, one in every eighteen died. En Julio, uno de cada dieciocho murió.
In Augustj one in every eleven died. En Agosto, uno de cada once murió.
In September, one in every three died. En Septiembre, uno de cada tres murió.
In October, one in every two died. En Octubre, uno de cada dos murió.
In November, one in every three died. En Noviembre, uno de cada tres murió.
Does the reader fully understand that in September, one-third of those in the Pen died, that in October, one-half of the remainder perished, and in November, one-third of those who still survived, died? ¿Entiende el lector completamente que en Septiembre, un tercio de los que estaban en el Corral murieron, que en Octubre, murió la mitad del resto, y que en Noviembre murió un tercio de los que aún habían sobrevivido?
Let him pause for a moment, and read this over carefully again, because its startling magnitude will hardly dawn upon him at first reading. Deje que se detenga por un momento y vuelva a leer esto cuidadosamente, porque su alarmante magnitud difícilmente se le ocurrirá en la primera lectura.
It is true that the fearful disproportionate mortality of those months was largely due to fact that it was mostly the sick that remained behind, but even this diminishes but little the frightfulness of the showing. Es cierto que la espantosa y desproporcionada mortalidad de esos meses se debió en gran parte al hecho de que fueron en su mayoría los enfermos los que se quedaron atrás, pero incluso esto disminuye poco el espanto de la muestra.
Did anyone ever hear of an epidemic so fatal that one-third of those attacked by it in one month died; one-half of the remnant the next month, and one-third of the feeble remainder the next month? ¿Alguien escuchó alguna vez de una epidemia tan fatal que un tercio de los atacados por ella en un mes murieron; la mitad del remanente el mes siguiente, y un tercio del remanente débil el mes siguiente?
If he did, his reading has been much more extensive than mine. Si el lo hizo, su lectura ha sido mucho más extensiva que la mía.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Day and date of greatest number of prisoners at Andersonville — 33,114— August 8th, 1864. Día y fecha del mayor número de prisioneros en Andersonville - 33,114— 8 de Agosto de 1864.
Number of Prisoners received during its occupation, 45,613. Número de presos recibidos durante su ocupación, 45.613.
Daily average of deaths during its occupation, 29. Promedio diario de muertes durante su ocupación, 29
Ratio of mortality per 1,000 of mean strength, 24 per cent. Relación de mortalidad por 1.000 de fuerza media, 24 por ciento
Mortality of 18,000 registered patients, 75 per cent. Mortalidad de 18.000 pacientes registrados, 75 por ciento.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:41 amTHE WAR'S DEAD.
LOS MUERTOS DE LA GUERRA
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:41 am The total number of deceased Union soldiers during and in consequence of the war, is 316,233.
El número total de soldados de la Unión fallecidos durante y en consecuencia de la guerra es de 316.233.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:41 am Of these, only 175,764 have been identified, and the rest will probably remain forever unknown.
De estos, solo 175,764 se han identificado, y el resto probablemente permanecerá para siempre desconocido.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:42 am Of the grand total, 36,868 are known to have been prisoners of war, who died in captivity.
Del gran total, se sabe que 36.868 fueron prisioneros de guerra, que murieron en cautiverio.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:42 am There are seventy-two National Cemeteries for the dead of the Union armies.
Hay setenta y dos Cementerios Nacionales para los muertos de los ejércitos de la Unión.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:43 am Besides which there are 320 local and Post Cemeteries.
Además de los cuales hay 320 Cementerios locales y Militares.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:49 am The largest of the Government grounds are:
Arlington, Va,, the former homestead of Gent-ral Robert E. Lee, 15.547 graves; Fredericksburg, Va., 15,300 graves; Salisbury, N. C, 12,1 12 graves; Beaufort, S. C, 10,000 graves; Andersonville, Ga., 13,706 graves; Marietta, Ga., 10,000 graves; New Orleans, La., 12,230 graves; Vicksburg, Miss., 17,012 graves; Chattanooga, Tenn., 12.964 graves; Nashville, Tenn., 16,529 graves; Memphis, Tenn., 13,958 graves; Jefferson Barracks, near St. Louis, Mo., 8,601 graves.
Los terrenos gubernamentales más grandes son:
Arlington, Virginia, la antigua casa de Gent-ral Robert E. Lee, 15.547 tumbas; Fredericksburg, Va., 15,300 tumbas; Salisbury, N. C, 12,1 12 tumbas; Beaufort, S. C, 10,000 tumbas; Andersonville, Ga., 13,706 tumbas; Marietta, Georgia, 10,000 tumbas; Nueva Orleans, Luisiana, 12,230 tumbas; Vicksburg, Miss., 17.012 tumbas; Chattanooga, Tenn., 12.964 tumbas; Nashville, Tennessee, 16,529 tumbas; Memphis, Tenn., 13,958 tumbas; Jefferson Barracks, cerca de St. Louis, Missouri, 8.601 tumbas.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:51 am The National Cemetery near Richmond, Va., contains 6,279 graves, of which 5,450 are of unknown dead, mostly prisoners of war.
El Cementerio Nacional cerca de Richmond, Virginia, contiene 6.279 tumbas, de las cuales 5.450 son de muertos desconocidos, en su mayoría prisioneros de guerra.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:51 am The cemeteries are kept in good condition, and are generally well sodded and planted with ornamental trees.
Los cementerios se mantienen en buenas condiciones y generalmente están bien cubiertos de césped y plantados con árboles ornamentales.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Trial of Henry Wirz, In the foregoing pages you will find the name of Capt.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Henry Wirz mentioned in several instances as being cruel and inhuman to the Union prisoners.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

He was tried and convicted of murder, the trial commencing August 23, 1865 and ending October 26, 1865, hundreds of witnesses testified that he committed murder on eleven soldiers who were confined in Andersonville, Ga., prison.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

He was sentenced to death and the sentence was executed at Washington, D. C. between the hours of 10 and 11 o'clock, Friday morning, November 10, 1865.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

His body was interred in the Arsenal grounds.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

(The above was taken from the official report of the trial of Henry Wirz )
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

(THE END.)
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:29 am Trial of Henry Wirz, In the foregoing pages you will find the name of Capt.
Juicio de Henry Wirz, En las páginas anteriores usted encontrará el nombre del Capt.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:29 am Henry Wirz mentioned in several instances as being cruel and inhuman to the Union prisoners.
Henry Wirz mencionó en varios ocasiones ser cruel e inhumano hacia los Prisioneros de la Unión.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:30 am He was tried and convicted of murder, the trial commencing August 23, 1865 and ending October 26, 1865, hundreds of witnesses testified that he committed murder on eleven soldiers who were confined in Andersonville, Ga., prison.
El fue juzgado y condenado por asesinato, el juicio comenzó el 23 de Agosto de 1865 y terminó el 26 de Octubre de 1865, cientos de testigos declararon que el cometió el asesinato de once soldados que estaban confinados en la prisión de Andersonville, Georgia.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:30 am He was sentenced to death and the sentence was executed at Washington, D. C. between the hours of 10 and 11 o'clock, Friday morning, November 10, 1865.
El fue sentenciado a muerte y la sentencia se ejecutó en Washington, D. C. entre las 10 y las 11 de la mañana en punto, Viernes en la mañana 10 de noviembre de 1865.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:30 am His body was interred in the Arsenal grounds.
Su cuerpo fue enterrado en los terrenos del Arsenal.
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:31 am (The above was taken from the official report of the trial of Henry Wirz )
(Lo anterior fue tomado del reporte oficial del juicio de Henry Wirz)
Phi

Post by Phi »

virtualmod wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:31 am(THE END.)
(EL FIN.)